A bug in the campaign

Going through the campaign of WC3 for the Horde. Shadow Hunter Mission. Thunder appears without a backpack. All items on the ground, can’t lift. New also do not rise. Similarly, in the second campaign for the night elves. How to fix?

Blizzard has to fix it. There are many bugs in the campaign right now. Grom Hellscream doesn’t have an inventory when he drinks from the Demon blood fountain. There isn’t even any Quest objective for this mission.

ffs how can they fu** up things that have literally nothing to do with what they are remaking??

In this video which I have posted TWICE BEFORE on this website on nearly identical topics that users created, I give a technical description of the issue you are experiencing and then write a computer program that fixes this bug in every single mission in Warcraft 3 in an automated way. I had projected that it would take a Blizzard programmer 12 minutes to solve the problem, but I took 30 minutes as we see in my video because I don’t have the toolset and code from Blizzard and I have to find and make my own tools.

You can download the automated solution that fixes all campaign missions here:
https://github.com/Retera/JWC3/blob/j11/matrixeater/src/com/matrixeater/hacks/ReignOfChaosMissionFixerTool.java

Edit:
Setting up the code is not the main focus of the video, and obviously it is somewhat inconvenient to use, but as you can see the code works perfectly when it is finished in the video. I’m not saying Blizzard should necessarily actually use my code. That would be madness. Instead, they should mount their internal APIs, then use the pseudocode:

for each mission in Reign of Chaos maps folder:
    let changeset be the unit data named "war3map.w3u" from the mission
    for each unit in Standard Units of changeset:
        if unit ID of unit starts with a capital letter:
            for each change in Change List of unit:
                if rawcode of change is 'uabi':
                    for each entry in change:
                        append ",AInv" to the end of the string value of entry
    for each unit in Custom Units of changeset:
        if unit ID of unit starts with a capital letter:
            for each change in Change List of unit:
                if rawcode of change is 'uabi':
                    for each entry in change:
                        append ",AInv" to the end of the string value of entry
    save changeset back to the mission as "war3map.w3u"
    save the mission back to its file

This pseudocode transcends the conceptual barriers of language. We know Blizzard will be using a different code language than I am, but they should still be able to do this.

(41 minute video)
Yeah. I’ll just wait for the patch or do something else with my time. Sorry dude.

i mean, don’t take me seriously but.

41 minute solution.

or wait for god knows how long until the next patch that we don’t even know its coming or not.

good call. i smell lazyness.

Hey guys, I do not so much mean that you guys should spend 41 minutes on this.

I mean to advocate that the Classic Games team should spend 41 minutes on it, and then fix it world wide.

Laziness? It’s not my job to fix blizzard’s game. If they don’t fix it that’ll just be another sign that Activision ate Blizzard and the good days are over.

1 Like

Seriously, why the hell haven’t they fixed this issue? its been months. Classic is coming in a week for god’s sake

WoW classic has nothing to do with Reforged. Don’t associate that team’s efforts with that of the Reforged team.

I meant as in I wanted to play the WC3 campaign leading up to Classic’s release.

good thing i told you to not take me seriously at the start of my comment.

i wonder what would have happened if i didn’t.

I wonder what would happen if people on the internet weren’t such snarky, sarcastic jerks. We’d probably all get along. How horrible.

1 Like

For those who used to play WoW, the Warlock imps used to always say, “Can’t we all just get along?” You remind me of that.

1 Like