2018 version is better than 2019 version, see the comparison chart

So lets wait… I think they will see and will make like a option or anything like that to select the Blizzcon2018 graphic settings

1 Like

No, not really, the shade of green is exactly as I described it. It isn’t in line with the cinematics they aimed to imitate, it isn’t in line with WoW, and is too light and oversaturated even compared to the original warcraft 3 Grunt.
More importantly, the original from 2018 looks vastly superior, so we know it can be done right.

The peon is a better shade, Grunt should be closer to that, or at the least closer to the older artwork.
It looks really bad, he has the colouration of the turtle from over the hedge:
x_https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61WJEQERF0L.jpg

Also looks really jarring when you compare the dark palette of the humans, or even the Blademaster(Though maybe he’s a little too grey/dark?)

The difference would be like having a footman whose skin was a bright hot pink and paladin with regular beige skin tone.
Hoping it’s a WIP or something and will be improved.

(Found another older in game screen that looks much better than the current texture:
x_Home - Archyworldys
They need to go back to this.)

2 Likes

Yeah, i loved the how the shadows and (Day and Night) looked with the previous graphics of Blizzcon2018. Now the game beta looks like old warcraft 3 with updated models and houses, this looks strange. The previous graphics from 2018 need be there in Final realese or Early Access format release!

3 Likes

Ray tracing will make some much difference in graphics, lets hope be better or like the Blizzcon2018

3 Likes

I think Blizzcon 2018 had ray tracing

3 Likes

nope, the ray tracing is much more advanced

1 Like

Ray traciing make some much difference, hype too!

2 Likes

I agreed the 2018 graphics look so far better, i hope them back in the release! <3

2 Likes

I´m curious… did all the people who prefer the greyer, starcarft 2 like graphics of last year actually play the original Warcraft back in the day?

Also, a detailed model which might look great rendered individually on a black background might not look as good in-game, since the design and colors have to blend with the overall design of the game.

I am personally convinced that the change in graphics is not a downgrade but a rectification in art direction, tryng to capture the magic, feeling and graphical clarity of the original warcraft.

Art design goes further beyond tryng to make everything as photorrealistic as possible, people.

1 Like

The Blizzcon2018 graphics you can see everything easy and looks infinite better. Now in this beta the game looks the old Warcraft 3 with updated models and houses, this dont look cool, the feel of now is you are playing the same old Warcraft 3 but with Re-skin. The game need the option to play with the perfect graphics of Blizzcon2018! Please! <3

3 Likes

Yes we want this option to activate the Blizzcon2018 graphics!

2 Likes

translate it, nobody would care about qina opinion if u ppl dun even know how this forum works

This 2019 beta graphics looks like a mobile game, dont be sad but… The graphics of The Culling demo of Blizzcon 2018 have the dream perfect graphics! Please back with style graphics of 2018! <3

4 Likes

I think they already working to back with the perfect graphics of The Culling Demo from Blizzard2018!

1 Like

guys chill, its part of som refinement bits, and so on, the new engine uses model maps; textures that keep information on lighting, its why RTX is not true raytracing because it only substitutes parts of these maps, as full on raytracing is truly demanding. Thus for years games have been using cheats to store some of the information, and mix it with rasterization. However when the Ambient occlusion maps are missing the orcs look a lot more light green and featureless. Once the issues are are fixed and the new maps are done the graphics will look better once again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

maybe I’m blind but the only difference I see (aside from wip terrain) is that the 2018 demo had brightness and contrast turned up to the max

Most people who populate forums – be they Blizzard forums, Steam forums, or a website such as MMO-champion – are boisterous fools. They have a daily quota of knee-jerk whining and factually-incorrect ranting to fulfill per day, and they do a great job meeting their quotas.

When you’ve seen the same cycle happening year after year after year, one begins to see and understand the depraved-yet-simple mindset of these manchildren. Don’t give them a soapbox to stand on; just ignore them. Ignore, but don’t forget.

And in 6 months from now, when the game has perfectly fine graphics (that meet or exceed the demo graphics) they’ll either have long since disappeared into the nether of the internet, or they’ll find a new topic to b-tch and moan about since literally everyone forgot about how, 6 months ago, they were screaming about how bad the graphics would be.

They know there isn’t any negatives to being completely wrong, not even a little punishment from the community (which will not remember their 6 month old topic complaining about a nonissue once everyone is busy enjoying the game). So they wail and whip up a storm NOW, knowing that on a personal level, it’s a win-win.

Don’t let it be a win-win.

1 Like

The 2019 Beta started in november. And the feedback of 2019 Beta started in november too, because that people are giving feedback. You just need to think before you write. Thinking is easy! And you having at least a minimum of education and respect goes well too.

1 Like

Yes, the beta started in november, because that have so many people giving feedback about the graphics i think

God another misinformed thread about this.