2 Features, lets discuss

No, you need to assume all players have nuking heroes. Players with non-nuking heroes are put at a major disadvantage

All quick-cast would do is encourage more nuking playstyles and less players would choose non-nuking heroes

I will stand by my belief that quick-cast is not worthy of being in WC3. its fine for mobas but WC3 was/is not balanced for it, and adding it would require major redesign of all heroes. It wouldnt be worth the amount of work the devs would have to do for balancing. And it would not improve the game IMO

If it’s intended design sure. But this is not an intended design, it’s a bug that has become a skill-feature. I don’t think those are good for the game, especially if undocumented.

For some competitive games, stuff like frame cancelling (that was not intended in design) has become a part of the competitive culture. But considering the nature of a remake, I think it should be addressed as a bug rather than a feature, because ultimately it is a bug.

I disagree.

The game my favour nuking but it doesn’t mean nuking heroes are infallible. A pro Blademaster is still just as hard to kill despite landing 100% of your nukes.

Players like Happy already show how effective nuking can make the difference between a regular UD player, and him. So bringing everyone’s nuking standard up is not a bad thing IMO, it’s a cause to level the playing field while also give an opportunity to balance out Nuke vs Non-Nuke styles of play.

And if we’re not going to talk about UD balance and how nukes affect them then we’re just dancing around a non-issue, because UD balance is what this feature affects the most and IMO is the crux of your issues.

It still favors Ud over any other race

I will stand by my belief that quick-cast is not worthy of being in WC3. its fine for mobas but WC3 was/is not balanced for it, and adding it would require major redesign of all heroes. It wouldnt be worth the amount of work the devs would have to do for balancing. And it would not improve the game IMO

In BW, they call it balance. What’s so unusual about cancelling animations? I’m for one for reducing the 3.5 sec long Archmage’s cast - mainly for the sake of creeps and new players, not to spite the high-end ones.

The skill ceiling should not be lowered, it’s the floor that should be raised.

thats why I have suggested pre-set control groups, it would be very beneficial to all players, especially less skilled ones, without having a major impact on balance https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/pre-set-control-groups-in-option/

I don’t see it how it would be a problem at all. Is 0.2 sec that much? With turn rates? Maybe a MK will cast the Bolt at the edge of the vision more often.

Lmao (insanely complicated, never will be implemented)

have you actually read my suggestion? if not then your not really adding to the conversation

ummm not really… it would be far more beneficial than quick-casting

Then it shouldn’t be raised on an arbitrary level such as microing your statues to heal faster because they’re bugged with a longer animation than normal.

Use that micro in other ways. Make that Sacrifice Dagger item more Risk Reward instead of a mere 2hp/s heal. Add in more buttons to press. I’m all for that, but in a designed way and not because of some data oversight.

I think adding quick cast is a way to alleviate micro that could be used elsewhere.

I value tricks in the game like dropping +int items, drinking a potion and picking back the item to get more mana is a nice bonus for skilled players, but it’s not something that’s useful in combat where it matters and has no real tactical value outside of such. I’m not saying it should be removed or anything, but the way it works should be more obvious so people know this trick and it’s not just a quirk of the game. We can’t talk about raising the skill ceiling if the room is a mystery to the majority of players.

Hell I play D2 for over 20 years and I still find out about weird animation bugs that give huge boosts to gameplay, and it makes certain builds way more effective because of it. I don’t think that’s good for the game because it also means other builds are worse in comparison for not being exploitable, and that leads to niche strategies and competitive play being built around a house of cards.

If UD nuking is an issue, it should have always been tackled at a fundamental level. It’s not, and we’re just expected that the game balances itself out for UD having powerful nukes and limited unit options, and we run into the same problems in competitive play because of lack of flexibility and being predictably countered. Instead of being leveled out, the powerful nukes simply promote the players with the best nuke micro, and this is one of the reasons why Happy stands out above all other UD who are struggling to compete.

It is. If it’s not in SC2, don’t hold your breath. You’re an unrealistic dude (also claiming that the Reforged ladder should be exclusive to Reforged buyers - unrealistic af).

dude you are making sht up, I never said that. Please dont make sht up

Oh gods, yes, you said it, should I waste 3 min looking up the thread?

You troll too much bro… i actually tried having a nice conversation with you and you couldnt even go 5 posts without ruining it

whatever you read you misinterpreted, what I want is for classic owners to still be able to play with reforged owners, but there should be a classic ladder without changes and a modern ladder with new improvements. I know exactly what I said so dont twist my words

What improvements? Different ladders = no cross-play. Unless it’s not English.

see dude, just cause you cant comprehend what I said doesnt mean you are right.

crossplay = classic owners to still be able to play with reforged owners

thats what i said, learn to read

Can you read? Explain “different ladders”.

I dont talk to trolls, you want to discuss ladder improvements? reply in one of my many other threads. You are off-topic here

What are you even saying?

Thats why your a troll, instead of posting in that thread and having a discussion with me there, you derail this thread which has nothing to do with your topic of discussion

You derail every thread by ignoring questions to your suggestions and calling folks trolls.

1 Like