1.36.2.21146 PTR 3 Patch Notes

Great patch, keep up the goodwork.

Add more BNet maps is great, less W3C maps.

4 Likes

Is this an in season April’s fool?

7 Likes

Yo Tod. I tested something: orc can get x6 taurens by then ud timing frenzy push considering they go fast t2. Enjoy (along with me I guess) :smiley:

The Polymorph change is a terrible idea. Human will be able to snipe heroes from range with Stormbolt + Polymorph without having to risk heroes and units. Even worse if they have both heroes and units invisible.

Tauren on T2 is also a bad idea. The unit fills the same role as Grunts. Grunts recently received more HP. Players are not building Taurens because Grunts do the same thing. So nerf Grunts, then Taurens will be better in comparison.

Also why does Orc suddenly unlock everything on T2? They received fortified defenses on T2 instead of T3. Now you want to move Tauren to T2 aswell? Its unfair to allow Orc to unlock so many things on T2. Orc players are already skipping the Barracks to upgrade to T2 as fast as they can.

What does Rod of Negation do? Is it a silence? Or a dispel? Whats the idea behind this item?

The Frost Wyrm changes are useless. The unit needs more attack range to be viable. Its countered very easily, especially since most ranged units have received buffs in the past. For example Headhunters, Riflemen, Archers, Flying Machines…

Frost Wyrms need a buff because A) they are not usable (which they were already not used before all the buffs to ranged units) and because B) now just to be able to compete against all the buffed ranged units, Frost Wyrms need more stats.

Simply increase the attack range of Frost Wyrms by 100. The exact change happened to Headhunters and now the unit works great.

Meat Wagon changes look interesting. Again, Human has the best siege units with Mortar teams. Meat Wagons, Demolishers, Glaive Throwers could use a small buff to bring them on par with Mortar teams. Personally, I would suggest something like +40 HP on Meat Wagons. The unit costs 4 supply and gives a lot of experience when killed, but has very little health. It might be worth to look at HP of demolishers and glaive throwers aswell?

2 Likes

Polymorph on heroes will also stops mana regen, exp.gain, item use…
mb nerf Hex would be better, then make polymorph same broken

1 Like

I think the Tauren change is very drastic and not wise. It will certainly change Orc vs Night Elf and Orc vs Human a lot, making Tauren like Bears, which are also extremely good units.
Cannon towers , Mechanical Critters, Dragonhawks still need help. Also, Guard towers fall behind in the late game compared to most other towers, due to their constant Heavy armor. I would trade a fortified guard/arcane towers upgrade for the removal of the third Masonry level, and make it require a Castle, of course.
Also the Polymorph change is very drastic, but it still makes the Sorceress unit rely on the Archmage a lot, which is what Human needs to escape from. I’m not sure if this is the right direction.
Also, Flamestrike needs some sort of rework. It’s the only 135 mana spell that can get cancelled and do nothing , while paying its mana cost.
Rain of Fire from the Pitlord is also a bit underpowered, I think. Maybe a mana cost change to 75 mana, down from 85, could be ideal.
The Meat Wagon / Curse / Cripple changes are very nice, and I agree with all Night Elf ones too.
I don’t think Undead should have their scroll removed from the shop. It’s crucial for Ghoul pushes.

The Elf heroes, few units and buildings need buff and rework.
  1. Demon Hunter: return +1 agility. Metamorphosis cooldown reduce from 180 to 120.

2. Keeper of the Grove: Keeper of the Grove base Intelligence from 18 to 19 and Entangling Roots cast range on 700 with lvl 2. Increased treants damage base from 14 to 16. Thorns aura also work equally against melee units as well as long-range units.

3. Potm: Owls Scouts buff like more duration and base attack cooldown reduced from 2.33 to 2.00.

4. Warden: Buff agility and intelligence from 20 to 21 and 16 to 17 accordingly. Fan of knifes damage per target from 75/125/190 to 85/135/200. Shadow strike mana cost reduce from 75 to 65.

Buff hp for wisps and back for them mana lose to units heroes from 40 to 45 and hp from 120 to 130.

So now about units.

Dryads: Return Abolish Magic damage against summoned units 300. Reduce the experience gain Dryads from Level 3 (60xp) to Level 2 (40 xp). Buff mana regen.

Druid of the Claw( Bear Form): return and add +1 attack damage for druid of the Claw(Bear Form).

Mountain Giant: produce MG’s without shop. Mountain Giants Hardened Skin default. Reduced mgs from 14 to 7 second cooldown taunts. Buff War Club.

Chimaera: movement speed return from 250 to 270.

Now about the buildings: return moonwells from 1.35 to 1.5
Ancient of War: Aow base attack damage return to 44 from 36. Aow hp return from 900 to 1000.
Tree of lifes buff Nature’s Blessing Armor Bonus on +2.
Nature blessing upgrade cost reduce from 150 gold 200 wood to 100 gold and 150 wood.

3 Likes

I hope I will get to smoke the same thing blizzard smokes when they make patches

Also I would highly suggest to make gryphons fortified armor units

6 Likes

Thanks for the patch! I’m very excited for these changes. The most powerful changes (polymorph and Tauren) do seem like they will cause a good and fun shakeup and I’m hopeful they won’t break the balance.
As a casual player, and frequent watcher, there are some other changes that I think could be considered:
NE:

• Keeper of the Grove falls off too hard when opponents are able to dispel, which is worrying when NE already struggle with limited viable hero selection orders. Perhaps restoring previous entangle times would be better, specially with Tauren running around.
  • Magic immunity potion feels bad when it’s so easy to dispel. Maybe make it shorter+more expensive but undispellable?
  • Priestes of the Moon’s searing arrow should stack with other orb effects, giving her more late-game potential and allowing more displays of what everyone think is one of the coolest ultimates!
    Human
  • Buff orb of fire, it’s the only one that isn’t prioritised.
    Undead
  • Without the scroll of healing, undead are the only faction with no powerful T3 non-orb item in the shop. I fully agree with removing the scroll, but think it should be replaced by a more unique item that wouldn’t be contested in the shop.
  • Crypt lord needs to be buffed. Perhaps an improvement to the carafes ability?
    Orc
  • Reduce mana cost and research time for healing wards on Witch Doctors.
  • Unstable Concoction primary damage should increase with attack upgrades so that the batriders don’t get completely countered with armour upgrades which tends to leave orcs fully unable to contest the air in the late game.

consider updating the replay format to include information about which items are dropped from neutral camps / other rng events

To address some low IQ takes ‘oh new item is good for game variety’ ‘oh its not much dispel dmg’ the only point of game where summon heroes are supposed to be useful vs ud is t2 timing creeping treants with second hero or pressuring ud expo if ud disrupts that while also having dk lich rod there then night elf will have 0 mid game and auto lose against the t3 push ,making these ne strats unviable and dumbing down game by removing strategy variety…

This is problem with noobs talking about numbers when they dont know context or timings these changes will affect… its not just about numbers but context of game scenarios…

3 Likes

Wowzers this is bonkers! Also wondering if the PTR fixed the FFA matching that isn’t working on the normal servers? Asking for a friend…

I would like to know more about that because brazilians play on high latency and I’m wondering what kind of situations this will be better for us.

He is the community manager, not the one responsible for these changes. I think PlaySide is the one doing balance decisions.

So you’re wanna say is, even balance changes are outsourced, and made not even by Blizzard? o_O

Look, if you want necromancers to be playable, add some mana regeneration.
Since the regeneration of the statue is nerfed they are ultra weak

3 Likes

Still not fixing elf vs ud, even though the matchup has been broken since forever. A slight ghoul nerf and removal of healscroll are good, but way to little to help elf here.
This matchup needs either a big buff to driads like different armor type, or nerfs to a lot of ud stuff like nova, gargs, fiends.

Also nerfing hu tanks vs ud (trough ud buffs) completely into the ground again is total overreaction. The matchup is hu favored, but the meta has not even completely settled yet.
Tauren on t2 is also…this has potential to break every matchup in orcs favor.

Some good ideas, overall bad execution

PlaySide is taking care of Warcraft 3 for a long time now. Check the website of this company.

I imagine these balances are made by them. Blizzard didn’t even make PTR for any new patch back then.

please updates FFA map pool

Thank you for patches. Please keep it up <3