1.33 Bug List

If you have found any bugs, list them on this thread and I’ll update the list.

• Games are not registered in profile/leaderboard. It says “Failed to retrieve data” after each game. People have reported that stats are updated after certain time has passed with some games never getting registered in profile/leaderboard.
  • Games sometimes load so fast you don’t even find out your opponents race.
  • Slight mouse delay compared to before the patch.
  • Match History is not working correctly in profiles.
  • Destructibles and neutral passive buildings that keep on getting right clicked before being destroyed will retain their yellow tint on Death and Decay (Haven’t tested myself)
  • Can’t load any saved games, e.g. in Campaign. Says “There was an error trying to loadthe selected save game”.
  • When hosting custom game and typing a message to the lobby, whispering to friends, etc, and whenever someone joins or leaves a hosted game, the keys typed will no longer be in text box, but rather in the main window of the game. any hotkey will apply to the hosted game, (starting the game, cancelling the game, etc…)
    In order to use the chat window again, you have to click back into the window, and the message that were being typed, is cleared out.
  • Issues with campaign crashing. (Clicking load campaign, playing a mission)
  • “The founding of Durotar” campaign doesn’t load correctly after returning from a side area. That makes the campaign impossible to complete. (More details → "The founding of Durotar" campaign broken since patch)
  • Facial expressions missing in different chapters/acts, cutscenes and ingame portraits.
  • Custom game issues with Reforged graphics.
  • Issues with displaying main menu correctly.
  • While launching the game and loading the saved game where you have left off, it goes back to the main menu instead of continuing the game and causes the mouse cursor to disappear in the main menu, FPS drops appear as well.
  • Sentinel Campaign Chapter 4 Wrath of the betrayer keeps crashing when using the minimap or getting close to the mission exclamation mark on the screen. (Haven’t tested myself)
  • If your ally leaves the game first in 2v2, but you still win the game after that, game is counted as a loss.
  • They broke 3v3, can’t find that gamemode anymore. (They fixed 3v3)
21 Likes

reinstalled the game and everything started working correctly.

1 Like
  • Yes, it says “Failed to retrieve data” after each game. Games doesn’t register.
  • Slight mouse delay compared to w3c.

I won 2 games and the game shows that I lost one game and didn’t play the other

1 Like

Quenching Mod isn’t working; many custom HD models aren’t working either

as per Shadi from Chronicles of the Second War:

we can sadly confirm that serious and game breaking bugs have affected our game with the recent patch 1.33

so far the major bugs that hinder our progress:

• official game crashes if our custom campaign file is installed in the retail folder, we literally can’t launch the game from .exe
  • a lot of our maps crash in the world editor.
2 Likes

I’ve reinstalled. Didnt help.

visual bug present since PTR: destructibles and neutral passive buildings that keep on getting right clicked before being destroyed will retain their yellow tint on death and decay

another visual bug is the gate with wrong rotation in Silvermoon

Game starts, but I can tell there is now a lag. And the Mouse curser is not shown at all, but still there as I try to move it around and some icons light up, but still without being able to see the mouse I can not do anything. I’m going to try and reinstall the game. If that does not work, then I will wait for a new patch. But I am very upset with this. Seems like alot alot of people are having problems with this forced update. Maybe next time test it first? hahaha

4 Likes

reinstall did not work, still no mouse curser to be seen. unplayable.

@viiksivallu Someone also posted not being able to see the mouse curser as well. Works for blizzard SC2, and my other games. Can you change “the Slight Mouse delay” bug line to start with “No visible mouse curser upon game opening” then the slight mouse delay after. as another person has reported it, though I’m sure there are a lot more who lost the mouse curser, making it unplayable which is a much bigger issues first than just some delay with the mouse

Can’t load any saved games, e.g. in Campaign. Says “There was an error trying to loadthe selected save game”. Was working fine immediately before the patch.

Often times previous version saves will not load in the current version. The data/state in the previous version save isn’t compatible with the current version. Same can be true for replays as well.

This was true in most of the updates that came after Reforged release.

That’s so frustrating… especially when there has been no updates to any of the Classic campaign maps at all and it still gets entirely wiped out every patch :confused:

Makes playing the Rexxar campaign a bit pointless

Hugely so.

Out of curiosity - was this not an issue (of loading older saved Campaigns in updated patch versions) in WC3 ROC/TFT before Reforged? I can’t ever recall this being an issue in classic wc3 but it sounds like from what you’re saying this has only happened after Reforged came out and I thought this would be an issue regardless of classic or reforged.

I don’t remember :frowning:

Before Reforged, the last time I played WC3 was at least 10 years prior, maybe 15.

But based off the forum activity about it after Reforge was released, it seems it wasn’t true pre-Reforged.

Again a failed patch… I can’t see the mouse cursor after launching the game. But I can see it on windows…

2 Likes

Hey everyone,

I was getting the “Failed to retrieve data” after each game and the games were not registering and this happened to me twice and both times I was able to apply a temporary fix by Deleting the Battle.net Cache Folder Article ID: 34721

Windows

1. Close open Blizzard programs.
  2. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open the Task Manager.
  3. Click the Processes tab.
  4. If agent.exe is running—or Blizzard Update Agent in Windows 10—select it and click End Process.
  5. Navigate to the folder containing the cache directory:
  6. Press Windows Key+R to open the Run dialogue.
  7. Type %ProgramData% into the Run field and press Enter.
  8. If a Blizzard Entertainment folder exists in the directory, right-click it and select Delete.
  9. Restart the Battle.net desktop app and relaunch the game.

Press load campaign and it crashes. Play a campaign mission and crashes. Blizzard QA fail for the win.

When hosting custom game, I will be typing a message to the lobby, whispering to friends, etc… and whenever someone joins or leaves my hosted game, the keys I type will no longer be in text box, but rather in the main window of the game.

This means that any hotkey will apply to the hosted game, (starting the game, cancelling the game, etc…)

In order to use the chat window again, I have to click back into the window, and the message that I was typing is cleared out.

Since the Patch I can’t start the game. The battle.net launcher tries to start it, I see the WC3 icon in the tab for a second and then the launcher tells me “applying updates”. I’m playing on Mac.

1 Like