1.32.0.2 Beta Notes

Review so far…

Good:
Female DK is nice but male variant should also spawn (haven’t seen that yet)
Acolyte looks good
Fiends are nice
Wyrms (abit small), gargs (abit small) and destoryers are nice.
CL now gaining spikes per lvl of ability is nice (but why are they red?)
Lich is also nice.

Bad
Spell animations and details are missing (infernal,locust swarm etc)
Some spells are stup*d in appearnce like carrion swarm and coil.
Ziggaurat summoning animation is bigger than necropolis summoning animation (lol)
Abom (might want to be more light grey/white) whole race is grey and dull.
Blight has no effects in it like (green glow) of original
Buildings are too bright (green)
Ghouls blend in alot with skeletons
Shade is almost too invisble lol
Graveyard (outpost thingys; the crosses are too far away) bring them closer it creates more clunk (appearance wise)
Dreadlord seems small and weaker than classic DL

Overall pretty good just some small stuff.

5 Likes

I’m so excited for Night Elves but more importantly POTM <33333

1 Like

Wut, editor is live? omergad.

Unfortunately i can’t check your changes because you delivery beta for stupid no-name streamers even without preorders. Nice politic Blizzard.
I preorder the game for new cinematics, new features and new mechanics. Yes you promised it. And what i see? No beta, poor gameplay, no news for 1 year.

4 Likes

I just had a chance to test my rpg map by loading it with the new editor, everything is a mess, abilities don’t work or miss tooltip, and some wierd spell particles keep looping.

But I’m actually not mad, it means that it’s not a total re-skin. I don’t mind needing to start from scratch as far as abilities are conserned. The models look amazing and the animations on most units are 10/10.

2 Likes

i used to play with static healthbars active and i just cant seem to get it working…incoming patch??

Nice, I however am mad that you guys decided not to allow us to have more than 12 unit selection for custom games, another thing I’m also mad about is the fact that we aren’t getting an option to use a non arbitrarily limited Pathing.

Just so you guys know, current warcraft 3 pathing has a 2003 hardware limitation where EVEN if you are playing SOLO vs a computer after X units your units start lagging, the instructions are divided per unit of a player.

However if you have 24 players you can have up to the same amount of units per every player and not lag until you hit that specific cap… this obviously proves that the limit is arbitrarily set to that, and I would more than welcome an uncapped version for custom games, especially BIG real time strategy games like Azeroth Wars.

Edit: A possible solution is recalculate the max amount of units modern hardware supports (it’s still limited severely cause no multithreading) but it is definitely higher than in 2003, and in addition to that the most important thing:

Give us a native to change the max amount of units per player by ourselves, just like food and other resources, allow us to calculate it ourselves, like if we start with 24 players and the cap would be let’s say 80, we could have up to 1920 units, but it doesn’t make sense that if we go down to 4 or 2 players it would now be 320 or 160 respectively, especially cause bigger maps make players have to produce more units to control the map effectively.

Players mass allying vs a single player causes the same issue, in late game if it’s 4 players left, 3 players with a max of 80 units per player before it starts to lag, have a gigantic advantage over a single player with 80 units before it starts to lag for him, even if the single player is 3 times as good or more, he can’t fight the system.

So I implore you Pete, please look into this, allow us to change this system dynamically.

2 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/WC3/comments/69p3nv/improved_custom_hotkeys_setup_by_wtvr/

you can invite to party, its just different and unfinished

Change to necromancer missing in notes!

man what have you done to the lichs face in the portrait, I want him to look evil and badass and cool as fck and not like this. please make him look cool as fck, more like in this picutre: www.iamag. co/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/hots-kt2.jpg
I want it more like the cryptlords portait, you know, fking badass

and please give him his old movement back, I really really liked this extravagand slight floating, now he flies like some superhero, that is definitely too much imo. frostnova effect is also really underwhelmig : (

same as the portrait of the archmage, he looks like a fcking caricature of a wizard and the diadem looks also dullish, I want him to look real unique and not like godfather of all wizards lol

for the deathknight, I think it looks cooler if the mantle is a bit longer, so it looks like the horse is kind off levitating over the ground, maybe with a little bit of dust around it.

the pitlord also lost his evil and brutal smile AND his beared, man this sht was iconic, please bring it back

ghouls and skelletons look literally the same, I want skelletons to be very white or a bright gray with less armor maybe, these two are incredibly hard to distinguish

already wrote that but the scroll of townportal needs to be a papyrusroll again, its such an iconic icon, there is no way, its gonna have a different icon.

and its the same if the orb of corruption, it looks too cartoonish (ok the old one was similiar but still…), I want a fcking badass orb, like a rougher icon, this item THE undead item, I want it be the most fcking badass orb of them all … and -5 armor again.

and the animation of the undead buildings being summonend is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too big, also the glowing effects in the undead base are way too big, they need to be smaller and more transparent, that applies also to the disease cloud.

I prepurchased a year ago, still no beta access??

Maby a stupid question but did you sign for beta on the battle.net page?

afaik to get beta you need to:

• sign for the beta
  • pre-purchase the game

Yeah, too bad we cant actualy even test the maps, or run them ingame, so we have no idea wheter triggers we made or not works, nor can we play the maps.

How long waiting beta access? Please, I tired watch gameplay video on YT. best wishes

and when will be game available for mac?

2 Likes

Blizzard delay the game, but give us what you promised. (Expanded campaign with characters like Saurfang and Vol’jin). Enhanced story that make more sense. Better and more realistic cut scenes. And real CGI cinematic for Illidan vs Arthas final cinematic! Quality was the most important thing for Blizzard for long time. So keep quality over quantity!

5 Likes

But… you may actually test your map by starting it through World Editor, nay?

Did they actually promised an expanded Campaign? When yes source pls.
All what i red was some tweeks for Major characters like Sylvanas and Jaina to fit more their wow part.

Yes, when beta for mac will be available?

2 Likes