1.31.1 Patch Notes

New patch looks great, looking forward to all the new additions to the World Editor. Still hoping for an easier way to change unit models ingame without utilizing the Tinker’s Ultimate. Like something under ‘Actions - Unit - Change Model’. Especially now that we can set armor types, damage, and unit names.

This is bug. I lose slot item in chapter 5 orc roc and chapter 2 night elf roc

Blizzard, you have broken custom maps. Most of them (at least the big ones, like LTF, KTA, or my FoL) are freezing at certain point. We dont know what is it due to, several mappers in a discord have joint to discuss it and we have no idea: “Blizzard stability issues”, “Blizzard must fix what they broke” are the only answers.

People love our maps, and they are nearly unplayable now due tot his new bug, it is frustrating. We are doing a great job promoting reforged and hyping people with our maps, dont destroy them, we kept w3 alive. Some people is even starting to say you are intentionally breaking w3 and custom maps to “force” people to move to reforged. And that sounds terribly bad, people dont like it at all, please, show them that is not the truth, fix the game you just broke. Make custom maps playable again. Erase the “freezing” that is destroying everything.

Awaiting an answer, i can share it with all the other mappers in the discord.

Thanks.

11 Likes

No reaction, feedback or any blue post from Blizz… shame!

1 Like

Ok it’s great but since your new patch, it’s a little messy.

1. I already lost almost all of my progress in the campaign.
  2. There are missing or incorrect sound data :
  • The Orcish shaman still has his English voice and I play in French.
  • The morphed Druid of the Talon now makes strange ghost eagle sounds that don’t look like raven cries.
  1. In the world editor, there are missing elements : we can see “WESTRING_SOMETHING” everywhere, when launching a map, in the unit editor or in the trigger editor. I searched, impossible to find any information about it.
  2. Finally, the icing on the cake, the custom folder for Mods “war3mod.mpq” no longer works, so no mods anymore and obligation to import custom resources one by one with the import manager which is a terribly laborious process.

Is it normal or …?

4 Likes

In the previous version of the PTR, the map opens perfectly. In this version of the editor, the map does not open. In the previous version 1.31a of the editor, the fields in the map are messed up!

In the game itself, there is a very strange behavior and movement of units, before this was not. On some cards, there are significant delays and weaknesses when working or opening folders with triggers. The balance of the game was greatly disturbed or even destroyed in the game there was a strong imbalance. the game is ruined.

hiveworkshop.com/attachments/2019-06-18-19-40-39-error-18012-txt.325908/ hiveworkshop.com/attachments/2019-06-18-19-40-39-error-18012-rar.325909/

My warcraft 3 won’t launch anymore after this update. It opens the launcher, i click launch, the launcher then closes, the blue loading cursor appear, i can see warcraft 3 in task manager for maybe 15 sec, then it disapears and nothing happens afterwards. When i try to relaunch simply nothing happens, i need to restart my pc to see wc3 in task manager poping up. at first i thought it was my anti-virus but i disabled it, still wont launch.

could just be that you are inpatient. over to a different story. changing unit names inside the editor makes it stop for about a minute. it is time to fix it, as it have been there for years.

Patch 1.31 introduced lots of bugs and crashes. Particularly in DotA (all map versions) Barathrum’s ulti causes the game to crash. Is there any chance that you (Blizzard) might fix this in the near future?

I noticed that the crash doesnt occur in solo mode nor in LAN (with 2 players). However in Bnet with 10 players it always crashes (100% chance). Furtherly it seems that Invoker also causes random crashes (~50% chance).
Moreover there is also now a weird bug (also all map versions) which makes it impossible to share control to player brown (10th slot).

See also this thread:

3 Likes

Hey i have a problem the textures stay glitched in all game i installa and uninstall 1000 tryies

my game is bug
htt ps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/551222046194008115/590930027189895208/unknown.png

h ttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/551222046194008115/590937633379581973/unknown.png

In normal games (warcraft III) and campaign my heroes don’t have inventory and other times they just drop their loot and don’t have inventory,what I should do now?

1 Like

is sad, but return to stable version

1 Like

Seriously, what is the point of a forum where we speak in a vacuum?

2 Likes

Can you guys at blizzard get your head out your arrrse and fix your game?

THANKS.

And yeah, in case you didnt know what the fuzz I was refering to. --------------
---------> The game crashes after every custom game for me, and im pretty sure im not the only one this happens to.

Multi billion dollar company my yah.

Don’t waste your time, they don’t care about what we write on the forum.

1 Like

Here you can see, why the T2 fortified burrows wasn’t that good of an idea:

youtube / watch?v=FQTr57mF0F8

Of course, the creator didnt show, when Lyn starts the warmil and the fortified burrow timing, but it is very very likely that Lyn knew what is coming, so he probably decided to start it as soon as possible and even tried to pull the AM and footmen back, buying time.

So IF this was the perfect / best possible timing for the fortified burrows, the human still gets the burrow and the tower AND the 200 gold for the warmill and the gold and lumber for the ugprade, delaying everything else on T2.

And T2 fortified towers are super hard to deal with for normal ladder players, thats why I mentioned the idea of splitting in the ugprade in two: the first one for burrows on T2 and the second one for towers on T3.

I think, that is still “not ideal” but I can’t think of a better solution for now.

1 Like

yeah i was thinking something like that for the humans, you see only different kind of weapons in the upgrades icons, but they stay the same, lol.