1.31.0 Patch Notes

Does anyone can launch w3 tft on mac? I have issues with it since release of 1.31.
Error states that graphic could not be initiated.

Hey! I’m giving some feedback on the changes:

Knights feel very strong now. They absolutely destroy Crypt Fiends, making it really hard to micro. Maybe the sundering blades should be scaled back to a 10% bonus instead of 15%.

The changes to animal war training and taurens are a nice idea, I’m sure they go into the right direction. The only problem taurans have is that their role overlaps with Grunts which makes them a little hard to use. But they are worth using now.
Abominations pale in comparison to the other 3 race melee units. Disease cloud is good, but the unit itself feels clunky, almost like something is off about its Ai. Abominations have very mediocre stats. I think their colission size should be reduced, make them more similar to bears so they have an easier time attacking their target when using them at the frontline.

Happy about the changes to DH, Alch and BM. Though the BM buffs hurt undead a lot since Frost armor was nerfed.

Although Spiked barricades isn’t being used a lot in pro games, I think the changes were very smart. I like them.

About the Rings: I like the changes to Rings aswell, they feel a lot better now. But changes to Rings mean that the Crypt lord’s spike carapace is now a lot weaker in comparison. I suggest to give the spiked carapace the same treatment as Orc’s spiked barricades.

Overall the Crypt lord still needs a big overhaul. The impal should not make units invulnerable and waste 1 second of stun time. Furthermore the crypt lord beetles are incredibly weak. UD is the only race without a real summon hero to be used for creeping or harass.

Everyone knows UD needs more strategic diversity. The dagger was a start, but its too expensive and does too little. It needs to be stronger. UD needs more regeneration like a regeneration effect from cannibalize instead of being channeled. Ghouls start dying after t2 too easily. They need an upgrade for survivability. Grunts get a 1/7th hp upgrade and extra attack damage.

UD should have the option to use more melee units in t2, but Ghouls are too weak. With low hp Ghouls and clunky abominations on t3, no UD is using the Dreadlord and his aura. Changes need to be made to make this playstyle possible.

Necromancers still feel extremely bad and we still saw no competitive UD use them (aswell as the dagger most of the time). Cripple is too expensive and its unclear what this ability is supposed to do now. Decrease damage from a unit? Better use Banshees for that. Use it as slow? Its too expensive and gets dispelled too easily for that. It does not work well in its current state. Furthermore using skeletons is now even harder. Incite holy frenzy is worse than before and feels very clunky to use. If anything the old version was better.

Maybe Necromancers should raise a special type of skeleton with more hp thats immune to dispel? I don’t see how the current skeletons and raise dead are ever going to be useful when everyone has dispel easily availabe. Its useless vs Elf with whisps, Human will simply steal the skeletons with breakers or dispell with priests. Orc can simply kill necromancers with BM easily.

Overall I like the changes for 3 of the 4 races. Human especially changed from boring expand into tank lame to a strong t3 army. Elf has tons of viable hero and strategy choices and seems to have no real weakness, especially since the 20% moonwell water buff which was huge. Orc has got a new strong unit with the Headhunter and maybe Taurens.

But Undead is still stuck with the same strategy over and over. Everything else besides Fiends, DK, Lich, statues and destroyers with occasional banshees is too weak. Frost Wyrms got nerfed into the ground, they were only ever used in 1 matchup anyway. Aboms are as clunky as ever, Ghouls don’t survive long enough to even consider using them with unholy frenzy or vampiric aura. Gargoyles are still stuck in an identify crisis, they are attacking ground units over air units and lose against all other air units easily.

2 Likes

I cant find the CD key for free download. Checked the Games and Subscriptions but still cant find the key

So ever since this patch 1.31 (may 30) i have not been able to play warcraft III, i honestly thought they would fix this problem right away but looks like they ignore it. As of today my games still crashes either instantly or after a few minutes

Very instructive feedback. I support most of your comments and views that you’ve expressed in it.

1 Like

The AI is not skilling any abilities anymore because the names of the skills in the editor have been changed by blizzard. Thus the NPC / AI can’t choose his good old skill.
For example: The Paladin’s “Holy Light” is now called “[AHhb] Holy Light” in the editor. But the skill “[AHhb] Holy Light” is unkown to the ai and thus doesn’t skill it.
This renders alternative AIs , for example AMAI, useless and the blizz-AI useless

2 Likes

I just want to know if ROC is coming back to Battle net.

I purchased reforged thinking I’d be able to play ROC as the only thing I like about TFT is the single player campaigns.

Reforged is going to go from the happiest video game development of the past 15 years for me to the saddest if it killed my favorite game of all time which is ROC solo ladder.

1 Like

I don’t think if will come back, Reforged is a single game with a single gameplay. Roc and TFT have a kind of big difference between them, if Blizzard wish to make Reforged and Classic cross playing, both games need to be the same.

1 Like

But custom games can easily remake RoC. Honestly, I don’t get what’s the hustle about. It’s not even much hassle. Has it not been made yet? I understand the first month, but now so much time has passed. And considering the low player numbers, the matchmaker isn’t even needed.

Please add TESH TESH TESH TESH TESH TESH TESH TESH TESH TESH TESH TESH TESH TESH TESH TESH TESH

PLEASE NERF THE DAMN ORC SPIKES! Not even with full healing support do melee units not nearly instantly kill themselves on the spikes. Melee vs Orc is now completely off the table. 50% of damage is ridiculously OP. Since you took away mac support now im stuck with this 50% BS. Ruining my play experience. No complaints about any of the other changes cept maybe the unholy frenzy change. And i agree with the guy that was saying aboms need a smaller base so theyre not always clogged up. Theyre a clunky unit which deters use. F*** those Spiked Barricades. Playing againt orc just became not remotely fun at all and instead a stressful heal and micro as fast as you can so BUILDINGS DONT MAKE ALL YOUR GUYS COMMIT SUICIDE. Even with 6 priests and a maxed holy light watch as all your knights go kill themselves. Make the damage 1% then 2% of full unit hp if you want to do percentages. 50% of unit damage is utter maddness

Object editor is different than in game editor. Example: Demon hunter has 21 agility in object editor and 22 in game. The map I loaded is in Frozen Throne and the game is Frozen Throne, so why the discrepancy?

Your hero gains 1 level at the beginning. Stats are for level 0. Your hero starts at level 1.

Doesn’t seem to be the case. Demon Hunter still has the same strength as in the object editor. As well a hero I’ve made at level 1 with 0 starting stats and 1 per level for strength/agility/intelligence , everything is still at 0 at level 1.
Another example is Troll Berserker, 475 health in object editor, 450 in game.
The object editor is displaying something wrong, either it’s showing the wrong patch, or maybe showing data from RoC… (Wrong patch seems more likely)

Either way, it’s off, annoying for trying to make a rebalance map I was making when I don’t even know what the default values actually are.

Edit: Nvm, I’m an idiot, just found the “Data set” option in the map properties.

Ok, I did some research myself (in Blizzard.j and common.j files, which can be found on your Documents folder) and they added EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_DAMAGED (common.j, line 715), a new Player Unit Event which is the same as EVENT_UNIT_DAMAGED but for every units of a specific player. You can then use it with the function TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ(Trigger,PlayerEvent) to register it for every player. Unfortunally, it means that you need to use a custom script, as you can’t find this event is the UI Editor.

The other functions, like BlzSetEventDamage(Real) are also in the common.j file, from line 3919 to 3926. You can use them in a Damaged Unit Event Trigger, but again you need to use a custom script.

I know that Reforged requires a lot of work and that the Editor is not the development team’s priority, but I would love to see an official documentation for the editor and natives, because right now it’s very time-consuming to find a single piece of information.

Elf needs buff, it’s unplayable!!! DH, KOTG, so weak!!!

1 Like

and Wizard needs food, badly!

On a serious note - NE would be comparable to Orcs if they gave DH an invisibility like the Blademaster has. I guess the intent was to balance Night Elves in 5v5, but it only made NE unviable in 1v1.