1.31.0 Patch Notes

Custom games AKA what keeps W3 alive? Dead.
World editor? Dead.
RoC BNet? Killed with no warning.
Well, at least we have melee TFT… oh wait, game breaking bugs!

Congratulations Blizzard, you managed to kill Warcraft III.
Just let us rollback or at least give us back a working game. You know, the game we already paid for, remember? Oh, have you heard about QA btw?

4 Likes

Random crash a lot. Cant alt + tab any more. This should not be public, this looks like alpha or beta.

Can you guys open your eyes?.. 1.31 actually cannot be named a patch due to replacing one of the Necromancer’s abilities with this Incite Unholy Frenzy. New Unholy Frenzy has rather different idea and mechanic, so this is not changing the ability, this is replacing the ability with another one with a few similarities.

STAYING ON 1.30

Please… fix the world editor, it has been a long time now that it has been completely malfunctioning…

I’ve never had a problem with wc3 since i bought it in 2011 but now after this update the only way I can get wc3 to start without crashing is to use -graphicsapi Direct3D9 when I boot up wc3. But I really shouldn’t have to fix it myself to begin with. After every game I play I have to force wc3 to close because it won’t go back to main lobby after a game ends.

When you change audio input from speakers to headset you need to restart WC3 in order for audio input to be switched. This is quite annoying. Do you plan to change this behavior?

1 Like

So wrong on the age demographic, yes 20’s & 30’s I would say have the majority of numbers.

BUT I have played ladder against people in there 40’s 50’s and one claimed to be 62. I myself am 54. I played the very first release of WC, Orcs and Humans, released in 1994. from then on I was hooked on the game, buying the Battle Chest, then ROC followed by the expansion Pack TFT, I was in awe of how the graphics got changed.

Before the haters begin at me, I’m disabled forced into an early retirement at age 30.

I don’t sit and play WC all day everyday, when I do play it’s an escape from reality and I don’t really care if I win or lose, as long as I’m having fun.[quote=“rocarena-2877, post:33, topic:5721, full:true”]
Lol at closing Reign of Chaos and therefore losing hundreds of active passionate players, who stuck around for x years with literally 0 support from Blizzard, despite the potential of rebuilding its scene to thousands of us with minimal effort.

Instead, going for a new and not even impressive number-wise playerbase which will play Reforged for a month or a year and go back to the simple games which trend these days.

The community of RoC has easily managed to bring numerous leading European TFT figures to its tournaments (e.g. Sonik has participated in literally every single RoC event for the last 2 or 3 years), which showed that the game is still viable.

I won’t buy Reforged, I’m perfectly okay without a computer game in my life.

You seem to forget that both RoC and TFT are mainly about nostalgia. There are no new players. The community of Warcraft consists mostly of people in their late 20s / early 30s.

1 Like

Are you joking? Human heroes are super strong late game and has advantage against undead heroes late game as well. Do you play this game? Stop releasing patches and fire yourself already, you are clueless about warcraft 3.

1 Like

so i just wanna congratulate the wc3 team for successfully pushing 90% of the custom game player base effectively off of their own platforms and forcing them to use old versions of wc3 in conjunction with ENT and other botting platforms.

You autistic kids are failures of game developers and i want to personally thank you for ruining the custom game community,
while you are diddling yourselves, i’ll be having fun on ENT.
off yourselves.

1 Like

No thanks. I dont want to click CTRL+M + CTRL+S every single time i minimize the game. Take your cancer elsewhere.

Can we get RoC back one way or the other, maybe in Reforged? Reign of Chaos will have a very special place in alot of players’ hearts and it really hurts to see it gone. Many people played it over TFT because of its very different gameplay, meta and nostalgic reasons, alot like WoW Classic coming in a few months.
I really feel it deserves a place in the game, even though RoC players were obviously a minority, its player base was always dedicated and tournaments were still common.

I know new scripts have been added in the world editor, but I have no chance to give it a try.
I wonder where can I see or find these scripts and all the other scripts?
It is convenient for map making, if we have any document of these scripts.

The Oscar for the worst unit concept goes to… Necrosacrificer!

The Oscar for the worst patch goes to… [connection interrupted]

STAYING ON 1.30

But then human way too op and diverse

All new icons (Sundering Blades, Ritual Dagger, Cloak of Shadows - Hide) do not fit in game design and look ridiculous.

STAYING ON 1.30

Game crashes on launch if no sound device available.

Rampage VII Extreme w/ Intel 7900x, 32gb DDR4-3200, ROG GTX 1080 Ti, Intel 900p VROC Raid (2x480gb, PCI-E)

Was ring of protection +2 removed from the game? Patch notes imply that it was, but on Centaur Grove from the Merchant Centaur Marauder, a ring +2 dropped for me…Have replay if anyone needs.

All they had to do, was do nothing and it would have been far better.
But, no, they had to "do something’ so they deleted Reign of Chaos and added TFT to a revolving balance change fiasco.

300th comment. Huzzah

For the people who now have like 10 FPS after the Patch, I found a solution that worked for me. I have a Thinkpad x230 which only has a Integrated Graphics Card Intel HD 4000 and it seems DX11 is a bit too new :wink:

Start the game with these arguments:
-graphicsapi Direct3D9

My FPS went from 9 to 150 :slight_smile:

Bers