1.30.4 overheat in Reign of Chaos

[Mac] When playing Reign of Chaos in 1.30.4 (especially playing the Campaign mode), the CPU temperature will go over 80 celsius degree, but the Frozen Throne does not have this issue. Please fix it in the next build.

[UPDATED]

I have checked the CPU usage for both TFT and RoC on Mac:

TFT was always around 10% of CPU usage which is good.

But RoC was around 10% to 25% and even more percentage of CPU usage which is strange. Its CPU usage was always changing.

[Temp Fix]

After switching from TFT to RoC, quit the game and relaunch it then this RoC overheating issue will be solved on Mac.

fix your computer lol

Warcraft III should load 1 core to near 100% while all others are as good as idle. Windows might shove that single thread between cores but ultimately it is effectively loading only 1 core to 100%.

If your CPU overheats under these conditions, then something is wrong with your CPU cooling.

If RoC is loading all cores to 100% then something is wrong with it.

I have tested both RoC and TFT, it seems TFT works fine but only RoC got this kind of issue on Mac.

MAC, there’s your problem xD

1 Like

It can be fixed. Classic Team fixed this issue for TFT but forgot to fix it for RoC.

Do you just live to be an unhelpful agro troll or what?

I recommend posting what Mac model you are using. Also what CPU utilization you are getting when playing RoC compared with the CPU utilization when playing TFT.

2 Likes

Thanks for your recommendation.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
Processor Intel Core i7 3.1 GHz
16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

And the CPU utilization comparison between RoC and TFT?

I have tested and checked today:

TFT was always around 10% of CPU usage which is good.

But RoC was around 10% to 25% and even more percentage of CPU usage which is strange. Its CPU usage was always changing.

[Temp Fix]

After switching from TFT to RoC, quit the game and relaunch it then this RoC overheating issue will be solved on Mac.