1.30.3 Patch Notes

change is incremental and especially difficult the older the codebase

plus I betcha all the original devs are now at different companies or dead so the people working on these patches are trying to fix something they had no hand in writing

2 Likes

You know what they coudlve done? I know because i am a better developer than these guys it’s called rolling back the stupid patches.

You know the times when everyone was happy even though we hadn’t had an update in 10 years. They could roll back until they fix the code “correctly” but naah blizzard aint doing that cause they think they do only good stuff,all and i mean all new updates suck and haven’t solved or implemented anything better than prior to what it was.

6 Likes

but if they revert to a previous patch, they won’t be able to test and verify the code is working so it’s a catch 22

AT not working… we tried everything…

4 Likes

No when you see your patch is wrong you rollback and try again they nver roll back ever… They aren’t doing the agile way.

1 Like

bm was op the whole time and hosting games was impossible without opening ports. I like the patches but they need to give militia the 5 seconds back ((`.´)/) it rly makes the early game very imbalanced as human vs undead

5 Likes

RIP nightelf

Btw, does the projectile deflection for Defend finally work now, or not?

The patch notes are literal copy paste from the PTR.
It even includes the whole “we are not sure we can fix it in time for next PTR” part for Vorpal Glaives.

Please Blizzard go through the patch notes and check what parts of text should be there and what needs to be changed.

6 Likes

Oh man, these NE changes are not enough! I’m a long term wc3 fan and have bought Reforged already. BUT, I am so tired of losing to NE plyers that are clearly much worse than I am. Also, seeing the pros saying the same thing should also be proof enough. (and ONLY NE in top 3 WCG). Plz don’t ruin this game. Reduce effectiveness of KOTG more, or I suspect players will leave bnet for something else.

3 Likes

Love “ Developer Notes” thank you. We are esitino for desync

2 Likes

Glaive throwers always hitting their target is an awful idea. They do significantly high damage in a single hit due to their long attack cooldown, which means you can effortlessly one shot many units without much skill required alongside their long range, possibly including heroes.

Also, the Vorpal glaive description literally says it allows glaives to attack trees, this is not a bug.

IMO what should happen is:

Glaives being t1 means they are special already, i wouldnt mind removing their basic splash, while Vorpal blades would add it, thus no confusion of losing aoe splash in favor of line splash. Glaives are already strong as it is right now early game, especially in tower rush situations.

7 Likes

Thx.

I still think, acid bomb needs more nerfs, I can only repeat myself that an armor reduction of " 2 / 3 / 4 " is the way to go, since its still undispellable and cost only 75 mana. Also the level 3 primary target damage looks still too powerfull to me because of the bonusdamage from focusfire, the rest of the numbers are fine, in my opinion.

And even tho, I dont underrestimate the supply for MGs, hardend skin needs still a good nerf, it is way too good combined with healing effects.

2 Likes

Please! Playing with ping just make me play less.

Is there anything being done about the chat boxes? In the chat lobby, when you right click to whisper to a friend from the friend list, you are not automatically typing. I’m not sure if this is intentional, but from somebody that used to play wc3 before, it has made me accidentally click on the shortcuts for the various buttons when I’m trying to type.

Additionally, when you are in a game lobby, you are occasionally unclicked from the chatbox, but it still shows as you still being able to type. This is dangerous, as hitting the ‘a’ key can kick you out of the game, and if the lobby is almost full, the host may start the game before you can return. It has also caused various hosts to leave the lobby before, leading to somebody having to remake the game.

Last, but not least, !abort doesn’t really work. As a host, if i start the game, and realize that I didn’t want to start it, and try to abort at the last two seconds, it doesn’t do anything.

5 Likes

It says a lot about blizzard when the official servers are worse than the pirated servers from back in the day. A lot of patches doesn’t ensure quality, QA of the patches does. I wouldn’t mind to get less patches but quality patches.

Sidenote: Blizzard if you need the assistance of someone that knows the game + c++ let me know. I am willing to help you fix this lovely game. Even free of charge.

11 Likes

i guess thats a good start event if its still a long way keep up the Work

2 Likes

i think they want to make in the future one big server for all people to play on same ping from what ever are they from that would be real cool tho

so everyone would have to play with a lot of ping ? instead of playing with decent ping on their own server ? latency will always be there… no magic fix for that.

4 Likes

that depends on their server. With cross server in place, if you are playing with somebody that hosted on a server where your ping is high, you will have to suffer higher ping. Conversely, if you play with somebody that hosted on a server where you have low ping, you will have low ping, but other people may have to suffer

Hey man… i really appreciate you working on this old but gold game, but… gettin’ disappointed from patch to patch because of these hosting problems leaves me sort of… irritaded, let’s say?

“Potentially fixed Arranged Teams to work with port forwarding (due to technology constraints this can only be tested on Live)”

Sooo glad you’re working on this - as for me, as a more casual player, this is the only mode potentially keeping the game alive for a small group of friends and myself - but i’d love to hear some sort of explanation why that is so much of a problem to solve.

In the simple world in my head that is more like “hey, let’s just switch ‘ports needed’ to ‘0’. Done.” Now i know it’s not that easy obviously… but do you guys have any non-classified clarification / information about the complexitiy of this and why that - and the custom game hosting problems others are reporting about - is so hard to fix?.. :smile:

greetings

countcardboard

2 Likes