Why are so many liquipedia articles wrong or partly wrong?

Liquipedia is considered the main source for information for foreigner, though many informations in their main articles or better said in their information pages about basic stuff and build orders are just plain wrong.
Wrong in which way you may ask …

Some build orders on liquipedia dont make sense in any way, like a week ago i saw a build order that wanted me to make lings/ overlord and a hatchery at the same time, but at that moment it would have been impossible because you would not have the minerals to do so …

Now i was looking at terran upgrades and again something is wrong, this is the basic stuff… THis should be Right, if this is not right, how can we even trust any information on the information pages…
IAm not talking about the stuff people are sharing on liquipedia forum…
THough there we have a similar problem, people in the forum often reply to certain shared information by indviduals with half knowledge, is it so diffcult to checking a minute before question the information only because of your ego ? Iam not talking about people who play this game daily and know about this game more than anybody, but certain people that just like to negate anything others share…

Here :
liquipedianet/starcraft/Armory

IT says : "Researching these three upgrades will increase Goliaths by +3 (+1 per upgrade) for ground attack and +12 (+3 per) for air attack, Vultures by +6 (+3 per), and Tanks +9 (+3 per upgrade) in Tank mode and by +15 (+5 per level) in Siege Mode. " Firstly +12 is correct but it would and is not +3 per upgrade but +4 per upgrade…
Than again it says +6 (+3) but here aginst it is 2+ per upgrade …

1 Like

That’s not even getting started on cooldown numbers for zergling/marine attacks and firebat splash claims.

Well spotted! I guess math isn’t their strong point…! :wink:
If you want it rectified, you’d have to contact the Liquipedia team.
It’s probably worth mentioning it to them.

Armory fixed, thx for report.

Many things are outdated nowadays. Also you never know when the article was last created - might have been actually before a balance patch…

TL is a great ressource to have, but you should see the information as 100% accurate. It cannot be accurate because the game is changing and evolving.
I notice it especially in the strategy and build order sections…

Some parts of Liquipedia should be remade honestly. Nobody is doing all that work though because the workload is insanely big as you probably can imagine, also it is STILL a community effort that has been going on for decades.