When clicking on mini-map, mouse sometimes jumps to upper-right corner of mini-map

While I’m playing, I will click somewhere on the mini-map, and the camera/mouse will suddenly jump to the upper-right corner of the map instead of the location where I clicked. This happens (apparently) at random; I haven’t yet observed any reason or pattern. I have noticed, however, that it happens when I move from the main battle field to the mini-map, just not every time.

I’m running a couple of different Macs, (iMac and MBP), both with macOS 10.14.6. This has happened with the Apple Magic Mouse and a PC mouse on my iMac and the trackpad on my MBP.

Edit: What’s a guy gotta do to get Blizzard to notice a bug report?

Bump! This happens to me too. The game is still playable but it is frustrating. I am running latest MacOS on MBP from last year, Amazon basics mouse.

Thanks for all of your hard work, devs!

Blizzard,
The world turned upside down and things are behind; I get it. (I’ve worked over 2 decades in IT, so I do mean that.) However, I reported this months ago, and there hasn’t even been a response acknowledging the issue.

Can you at least respond and give us some idea of where it fits on the priority list and an estimate of how long until its fixed? Getting behind and having priorities shifted daily are understandable and forgivable, but not communicating at all… that’s harder.

Some reasonable, useful communication back would be much appreciated.

I believe I just found the problem, as I had the same issue. I do not remember the application ever prompting me to do this, but I just looked in my Mac’s settings under settings>>security & privacy>>privacy tab>>accessibility, and found there is a request from the StarCraft application there, which I went ahead and enabled. On a preliminary check, it seems to fix the problem.

@Sirvalance
Dangit, I should have checked that; I’ve seen other games request Accessibility access for mouse control. That makes a ton of sense. Changing that now; we’ll see how it goes.

Thank you for sharing!

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.