When are we getting a new map pool?

The last map pool update was 31st March - coming up on 6 months ago.

With the new season of ASL underway, it seems a simple fix to just start using the same map pool - as it stands the ladder only shares 2 out of 7 maps with ASL.

53 Likes

Would definitely love to see new maps. Several streamers I’ve seen have talked about being burned out by the current map pool.

7 Likes

Starcraft has relied on maps for balance for the past ~20 years. Please keep updating the map pool, or put ASL in charge of the map pool similiar to what ESL has done in SC2.

6 Likes

I think it used to be about every four months. I’ve been assuming that the delay in a new season had something to do with the fact that the new patches this year kept having to be rolled back after breaking multiple things. Can’t say for certain though.

The last map pool was based on the previous ASL season so they certainly could be relying on AfreecaTV for map decisions. Hard to know considering the complete lack of communication. SCR is still run by Classic Games and while the HotS team still communicates with the players, SC2, WC3R, and SCR are almost completely silent.

8 Likes

Needs ASL maps, please make it happen

5 Likes

New ASL Map pool would be a great addition to the ladder. I think I speak for most when I say we could care less about a new profile picture if that’s what is delaying the updated map pool. ASL maps, Eclipse, Polypoid, Ascension, or any other more modern balanced maps would be great. It would re-invigorate the Starcraft Remastered scene at the moment.
Thank you for all you have done and will continue to do Blizzard.

6 Likes

Just give sc and sc2 some new maps!! Blizzard doesn’t even need to hire anyone to make them, they’re already made by the community and approved by the pros, and ready to have someone at blizzard take an hour to go and upload them to a directory somewhere and remove the old ones. Work with community on this!!

5 Likes

New maps please, for both games

4 Likes

It’s incredible that we have to beg for this…

new maps please.

5 Likes

YES. If y’all can’t take the time to even check in on the game, give responsibility to the industry trusted tournament organizers who’s livelihood relies on this game having balanced and interesting maps.

4 Likes

They already have the maps, why are they so lazy about this?

2 Likes

Yes please new maps, ASL maps

3 Likes

Bring back FIGHTING SPIRIT and CIRCUIT BREAKERS
Make them permanent maps

3 Likes

A new map pool would be great. :slight_smile:

If map updates won’t be as frequent in the future then a pool with less weird maps (hello Plasma and Ringing Bloom shenanigans) would probably be a good move.

3 Likes

Copy the ASL map pool

3 Likes

Yes new map pool is overdue, ladder is getting inflated as well, a reset would be very beneficial to keeping the game fresh!

3 Likes

Please update ladder maps!

3 Likes

Plase, pretty please, UPDATE THE LADDER MAPS!!!

1 Like

yes please yes please

2 Likes

It’s been such a long time. The ladder needs a reset so BSL can start up again, and the current map pool is rather poor.

1 Like