UNREPORTED BUG: Spider Mines vs Terran units

Yes, I have googled this before posting (exhaustively). Apparently in SC Brood War, spider mines actually WILL NOT TRIGGER versus certain units. I’m actually mind-blown considering I’ve played starcaft for 2 decades (though not competitively). The fact this is unmentioned is astonishing to me.

I don’t need post screens/vids, because you can test it for yourself (just now did a playtest with my cousin in SC:BW Remastered)

Spider Mine will NOT activate against:

• SCV
  • Vulture

… Does the list go on? I don’t know yet, but am flabbergasted at this oversight, and especially considering there is literally nothing on the internet mentioning this as of yet.

1 Like

Implying it’s a bug and not a feature.

Spider Mines do not trigger on hovering units and air units.( liquipedia. net/starcraft/Hovering)

1 Like

damn thats crazy, nice find

3 Likes

All workers, Archons, Dark Archons don’t trigger it.

You exactly reminds me of my self there:
https://tl.net/forum/brood-war/531649-every-nexus-gives-9-supply

You’re very lucky not posting this on TL, otherwise, they’d eat you alive :skull_and_crossbones: for posting this public knowledge and call it UNREPORTED BUG.

1 Like

WOoooooaaH, who would have guessed that?1?1?!

I mean this is a relatively minor bug, but they should fix it I guess. Crazy that people did not figure this out sooner.

This is an incredible find !!!, this should be fixed right away, all the people that have ever won a tournament should give the price money back to Blizzard.

You’re joking, right? I can never tell.

2 Likes

I can tell, 3 guys are using sarcastic language here, I personally didn’t test the vultures, I don’t play TvT, I just saw some ASL/KSL matches showing that.

It’s not a bug, It’s mentioned on the official battle.net page for Starcraft under vultures. Look in Spider mines…They don’t trigger off Archons, Dark Archons, Probes, SCVs, Drones and Vultures

pfuhhhhhu
ahahhahahahah, is this a troll comment or what ?
Just look at the liquipedia article about mines / vultures…
I literally found this information docent of times…
And it can be found in literally every 4 fastess map game 3 vs3 with some terrans … rushing vulutures … lol
All units that have floatinging properties dont trigger mines -> Workers ; vultures flying units … Though i wonder about other mines XDD

Also in any Terran vs terran high level match that goes over 10 minutes you can see this … Dont even have to look for it …
Only because you apparently dont know where to look for information and dont play terran you havent see it … If this isnt a trolll …

You want to know something mindblowing ? Mines get triggered by invislbe units, Larvae-> poor zerg, and burrowed units …

Can you mindcontrol a mine btw?

Nope; it’s on the blacklist just like larvae, eggs, interceptors etc.

has to be troll, must be. LOL