Transferring Campaign Progress between computers

I did a search and didn’t find anything of relevance; sorry if I missed it and am posting old news. I have a workaround to transfer campaign progress manually that is at least better than redoing the entire campaign (unless you have the time, of course). I did not see other posts specifically stating how to manually do this so I thought I’d try to help at least one soul out.

I play between two different PCs (desktop and a laptop) and would like my campaign progress synced. I could not get it to sync automatically even though it is my understanding that it is at least supposed to sync.

Read on the old forum people from February of this year (2019) still not having this resolved. Couldn’t just update that forum since it is locked.

The simple way to do it is go to your PC with the progress you want to copy. Go to “My Documents–>StarCraft–>Characters” and locate the character who’s progress you are trying to sync/transfer. You can either copy this onto a thumb drive (if you’re near the destination PC as well) or even just attach this .spc file in an e-mail.

You will then need to paste this file into the same location on the destination PC. And you’re done. Of course if you add to your progress on PC2 and then resume play on PC1 you will have to copy and paste back. Not ideal but it saved me time compared to playing through the missions again.

Theoretically you could probably find your own cloud-syncing service and set this folder as something to be monitored and synced, but I personally have never done that so I wish you luck on that.

Of course if someone has found a way to force the theoretical cloud-syncing of campaign data I am all ears and ask that you update this thread (or point to the thread I apparently missed). But this makes me wonder if the campaigns even ARE saved in a cloud.

Again, this is just a post to try and save someone the time that I lost. I hope this finds everyone well.

3 Likes

E até o momento não corrigiram isso.

Many thanks for this !

Just migrated from PC to laptop and then found that I would have to go through all the levels again, fortunately, PC still around and able to recover the games files saved under my documents and copy them to new laptop and back in business :slight_smile:

Huh? The saved games are uploaded to the cloud. I have gone back and forth between my desktop and my laptop with no issues at all.

Yeah the clould saves. But unless you know it and manually save just before the end you will lose your progress when switching Computers.