Switching language in Windows should not affect hotkeys

Sometimes you hit combination to change language and your hotkeys just flat stop working. Let’s face it - everyone uses English hotkeys (correct me if I’m wrong) so why not make it always use the same keys even if I switch language in Windows? It was done in other games so it’s technically possible 100%. Thoughts?

Actually not XDD
THis is just wrong, dude …
Sorry to destroy your illusion, but no
IT is actually really nerving to use English Keyboard in windows …
Specially if you need certain letters that change the sentence meaning if not used in some sentences … And sometimes it is just spelled incorretly… More important even when you are studing, writing to important people etc.

Also some symbols like question marks etc. are on a different place and if you are not used to write with other keyboard patterns this can become really frustrating …
German, Spanish, polish most other european languages … japanese ,correan etc.
All these have some letters, sound that are not avaible in English …
Japanese eve has two hole other alphabet based on sounds …
So no not everyone uses English hotkeys …
TO be honest i dont see your problem…
First of all there is the big problem with Y and Z one is english the other spainish or so(in think) … yep it gets really bad with orginal not changalbe hotkeys (if for some reason you change keyboard or computer) …
but now we can change hotkeys in configuration in starcraft so that is cool …

THe problem is that different keyboards have different keys for certain letters…
So this is question of keyboard, windows settings(or any other system), and Starcraft Rm hotkeys settings …
The F1-F4 dont change that much and STRG/CTRL and ALt and Shift mostly not but can …
Iam not sure what you mean with change language … In Starcraft or in windows ?
In windows you actually can have various languages and various keyboard settings as a option… Though i have seen problems here aswell, with one laptop(windows 10) i had that i had in netherland language, i downloaded english and it had a mix really bad -> Keyboards settings works here the best i thing …

THe best way is probally just have various keyboard layout settings … for your needs to quickly change it …
About RM i know we can change commands and buidling/units hotkeys
I know nothing about a change of hotkeys when you change your language …
So i explain more about that if you need help in that regard …

I’m talking about switching to a different keyboard language while in-game accidentally. If you switch from latin to cytilic by pressing Alt+Shift in Windows then you can’t select larva anymore because S key now means Ы in cyrilic and it does not work. You still see it as S and wonder why your keyboard stopped working and commands are not registering anymore. I’m saying that it should still work as S as in-game hotkey although in chat it would print Ы because it’s the same key position, even though not the same letter. Hope it’s clear now.

cant you just deactivate windows alt shift command ? o change it to new keys?

That’s exactly how I do it. Disable alt-shift. Changing to other hotkeys is difficult on Windows 7 since it’s only allows me to change it to ctrl+shift or `. Only three options. -_- On Ubuntu for example I can set on Shift + Windows + Backspace which is very hard to hit accidentally.

Author, is you “cyrilic” ?! Goodbuy, stupid cyrilic!