Stronger AI for SC:R latest version?

Hi guys, I wonder if there are some AI plugins/programs which enhanced the AI of latest version of Starcraft Remastered?

I knew BWAPI long time ago, but seems it still only supports up to 1.16 so far. Feels bad man.

So I’d like to know if there are any other options that I can enjoy a more powerful AI game?

Thanks! Enjoy your day :slight_smile:

I’d like to know what is the problem with v16 :thinking: ?, you can have both v16/scr on your PC.

It ok if someone says: “It doesn’t support Custom Hotkeys, and I’m not accustomed to original keys.”

If you’ve tried BWAPI Revamped, you should comprehend that (even) if Blizzard supported BWAPI after a long/short time from now, it won’t be as easy/flexible as the current method + v16 can be a portable/offline game with a size of 140 MB:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/starcraft/t/bwapi-revamped-play-vs-smarter-ai

Playing v16 at this point won’t ever be comfortable for people who play a lot of remastered and take advantage of its features. The framerate and input improvement, is the biggest issue for me, mouse input especially feels bad in the old version at this point. The difference in graphics, and widescreen support make a big difference for me as well.

Hi,

You could use AutoHotkey or AutoIT to rebind keys to whatever you’d like while using 1.16.1

Hope it helps!

Or if Blizzard can provide an official tool to edit custom AI script…

I get it, it’s just a dream :joy:

If you want a way to change SCR’s Built-in-AI build order (that doesn’t make the AI smarter, just changes the hardcoded Bo), there are some complex tools that pro map makers use, I guess UEDCommander was talking about it before, maybe he can help you.

Was thinking about posting a similar topic. I’d quite like to see revamped/harder AIs, and especially an option for the AI level like SC2 has.

It’s up to Blizzard to support BWAPI, not me, but don’t hope much :yawning_face:.

v16 works fine with me, I don’t have these issues.

Still, till v23 of SC1, nothing is uncomfortable with v16 except that v17+ replays aren’t backward compatible with v16, and the ability to go back/forward in replays isn’t there in v16.

But those 2 things don’t affect playing vs a BWAPI AI bc you’re playing in v16 already so replays work everywhere, and the replay system in CoachAI is a lot :star::star::star: more helpful/advanced than in v17+, so back/forward in replay is a useless addition compared to what BWAPI & CoachAI offers, and you still can run v16 replays in v17+ if you really want back/forward in replay.

Also if you’re accustomed to a specific v17+ hotkey setup and find it hard to use the default keys, you can have the same SCR hotkey setup migrated to v16 easily (in the 1st video there I’m using custom hotkeys with v16)

If you want the game to fill your big widescreen perfectly without wide black borders left/right, you can configure your GPU to do that, other things you say like framerate & input improvement all work perfectly in v16, maybe you don’t know how to configure your setup correctly.

One fact here is most newbies/newcomers who came to the game after v17+ (SCR) announcement or from SC2 later, really doesn’t know how to play/configure v16 or maybe just from where to download it, they think SCR is everything, and Blizzard can’t leave any nice feature was in v16, with the :roll_eyes: REMASTERED :roll_eyes: ver (thanks to Bli :zzz: ard for their great efforts to kill v16 and force every1 to upgrade), so those players need to learn few things 1st, not that v16 is uncomfortable, if you talk about online multiplayer, yes SCR is a lot comfortable than v16-ICCUP.

The thing that I am not confortable with v16 is that it has a limit of sprites that prevents me from playing large scale fights like 3v3 or 4v4. If there are too many sprites in the map, then some units can’t shoot.

If anyone can help bypass the sprite limit in v16 AND make it compatible with BWAPI, I will extremely appreciate it!

This ccmu (Can’t create more units) issue with v16 isn’t related to BWAPI or playing vs stronger AI, and even this v16 issue can be solved by a ChaosLauncher plugin, you can add it to BWAPI/Revamped easily, I didn’t try it, and LetMeKnow, LetMeKnow if you have any difficulties.

http://www.staredit.net/topic/16823/

Ah btw you can start multiple instances of StarCraft.exe using CL and make them join the same game, useful if you want to play 3x3 like Evolves ums maybe, I heard that more than 6 instances of the game mightn’t work together, good luck.