Starcraft Remastered Menu/Options bug

Hello, I bought Starcraft Remastered at launch and previously it worked fine but in the years since, some update caused my menus and options to glitch and not display properly. When I click options in-game or when I select options from the launcher main menu, the screen goes a bit darker (as if it were pulling up the options) but no window ever appears and I cannot close anything or hit any buttons. I am then forced to end the game through task manager. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

2 Likes

I just bought the remastered + cartooned version and having the same problem. Can’t play multiplayer at all, can’t even switch collection.
This is so frustrating.
Edit: Turns out the game doesn’t like USB video adapter.

I have the exact same problem as Slinksta described, can somebody help please?
In my case when the window gets darker, it seems that the menu is there but doesn’t show, because if I hover the mouse on the blank dark screen I can hear the sound as if I am going through option clicks. If press escape then it goes back to the initial menu which works.
When I click “collections” or “hotkeys” the same thing happens. Single player seems to play fine.

This seems to be an issue with some patches. Switch to Asia region in BNET launcher and try opening SC.

I am also experiencing this issue right now. I’m having trouble finding any documentation about this issue anywhere.

Nobody from blizzard, or anyone for that matter, giving any answers to this problem.
I can’t select game speed and am stuck at what seems to be slow or mid game-speed because of this menu bug.
Why is this not getting resolved?

Edit: I managed to fix my problem by forcing the game to start in 32-bit instead of 64-bit. Hope this helps someone.

1 Like