Starcraft 1 won't open

Whenever I try to open Starcraft 1, an error window opens, saying, “The application encountered an unexpected error.” Then I can type in what I was doing at the time and can close the window, select “reopen”, and check or uncheck a box that says “Send to Blizzard”. I forgot to add that I’ve been given a few codes to give. Here’s one of them. 38E5BBFE-E596-44AC-AFDD-7710174864A2

Hey there Blerg,

I looked into that error code and it looks like OneDrive’s syncing is causing an issue. Usually disabling it for the game’s folder in your Documents or even the whole Documents folder will help with this. Microsoft has information on how to do so here.

1 Like

Hey, I am getting the same message.

Code: 122AC28D-D4BA-4034-970D-5F957027317E

uninstalled/reinstalled bnet and SC, running the latest graphics driver from Nvidia and also RTX 3090 with AMD 5950x, latest chipset and windows updates. Can launch Warcraft remastered fine but no StarCraft games. Also, I do not have OneDrive on this computer.

Any help would be great.

THIS worked for me. Settings must have been from an old version or something, corrupted etc. I updated graphics drivers and tried 32 bit, didn’t work. This worked, game loaded. Try not to have the game be this hamstrung next time blizzard…

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. None of your fixes are working and i don’t use onedrive or cloud sync.