StarCraft 1 won't launch in fullscreen on Windows 10

Hi, I have an issue with StarCraft 1(original, not remastered). I have it installed on Windows 10 Home but it won’t run in full screen mode (there are 2 black lines on the left and right of the game when launched). Is there a solution to this, an update or patch, or perhaps a manual resolution change on my PC?

Interesting thing is that before I started using BattleNet some time ago I had StarCraft 1 on my old Windows 10 version and it actually runned in fullscreen mode to my surprise. One day I started using BattleNet and as soon as my 2 disc StarCraft 1 game got uploaded to BattleNet it went to non full screen mode and I was never able to fix. Please advise and let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,

Adrian

1 Like

Hey there,

Make sure that you’re launching Starcraft through the Battle.net app and that the game is updated. The latest version is 1.23.10.11634

The game should run at your desktop resolution if you have it set to Fullscreen or Windowed Fullscreen mode in the Video settings in-game.

We don’t recommend installing from the old disks anymore, so you may want to try fully uninstalling the game and reinstall it through the Battle.net desktop app download only. Starcraft 1 is free to play now so you don’t need the old disks anymore.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.