Scrolling with the WASD keys

Would it be possible to somehow use the WASD keys to scroll around the map in this? I’m playing on a laptop and the arrow keys are too small.

2 Likes

You have quite a problem there. If you use WASD keys as arrow keys, what do you use as hotkeys? People don’t usually use the keyboard to scroll at all, they usually use the mouse for that. (change the mouse scroll speed and use a real mouse instead of the laptop touchpad, that’s what I do, otherwise playing becomes a pain)
Custom keys is configurable for hotkeys only anyways.

On replays it could be used, it would be much confortable.

Buy yourself a usb keyboard

So, there is no way to use WASD for the camera? Damn, i hate that…

1 Like

RTS games like StarCraft, WarCraft, and Age of Empires tend to be heavy on hotkeys, which usually take up the left-side of the keyboard so that your other hand can use the mouse for to select units, issue targeted commands, and move the camera.

WASD cameras only work in games with simple commands and minimal hotkey usage. Out of the game I have played, I have only seen WASD on Total War Warhammer, and that only works because base-building and combat are completely separated from one another, and unit control for the vast majority of units is simplified to require only mouse clicks (sometimes with shift+clicks). That game is also much slower.

Same question here. I’d like to use WASD (or ESDF actually) to move the camera. Bit disappointed there’s no answer so far. I’m going to take a shot at using AutoHotkey, that should do it I think.

Edit: Working AutoHotKey commands (for ESDF, for WASD change accordingly):

#IfWinActive ahk_exe StarCraft.exe
s::Left
e::Up
d::Down
f::Right
Return
1 Like

Depends what kind of keyboard laptop or keyboard you have…
You can actually make your keyboard move the mouse and use the numpad to move around on your screen, if your keyboard has that …
An other possiblity is to chance your keys making your wasd to arrow keys …
or Put some sort of key combination with WASD + some ctrl or shift key to be like the arrow keys … AKA create KEyboard shortcuts …

Here are the possible ways to do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZRfuaeGYuE