Sci-Fi Death Battle!

Ok, I want you guys to indulge me for a second. Who would win these fights and why:

The Predator from The Predator franchise or the Zealot.
The Spartan from the Halo franchise or the Ghost.
The Xenomorph from the Aliens franchise or the Hydralisk.

Predator, Spartan, last one is the only one worth a debate.

1 Like

Lol, I’d figured that the last one would be the easiest since the Xenomorph literally has no eyes.

Xenomorphs don’t need eyes, it’s a killing machine depicted as a ninja, Spider-Man and Sonic the Hedgehog all combined into one. The only thing it doesn’t always have are ranged attacks but that varies with the host as some are able to shoot their acid blood as an attack.

We have no idea how fast a hydra is or how effective it is in combat against a faster foe but the only thing we know it does is shoot spines which are incredibly lethal and one lucky shot can still end the fight.

2 Likes

Yeah, but one lucky shot from a Ghost could also kill a Spartan as Spartans go down with 1 headshot with a sniper round which Ghosts use. Wouldn’t that also put that matchup on the same tier as this one if not more?

Let me guess, you’ll also say the zealot could also win the fight against a predator because the predator will trip over a rock and fall off a cliff.

Maybe a Ghost could kill a Spartan but I wouldn’t bet on it.

1 Like

Xenomorphs don’t have “visible” eyes, but they are supposed to have eyes within their skull which can see through that black covering. The point is to terrify the audience by making it impossible to tell where the Xenomorph is actually looking.

That is a hard one. Zealots might lose because they lack detection, but with their Psi blades they would probably win in an open fight.

Halo Spartans. This is no contest:

• Spartan armor and shields would give them a huge advantage in against Ghosts. It could take quite a number of shots to kill a Spartan.
  • The Spartans could physically rip Ghosts to shreds, or they could kill them with only a few shots from whatever weapons they are using.
  • Spartans are used to fighting enemies with cloaking. Their motion sensors and other equipment they sometimes use can also be used to detect cloaked units.

Hydralisk:

• Hydralisks are just about as effective at getting around. I am basing this off of the cinematic after the Science Vessel mission on campaign.
  • Hydralisks have a ranged attack, so they can kill Xenomorphs from a distance before the Xenomorphs get closed.
  • Hydralisks and Xenomorphs are probably about as durable as one another, and they both have blades of some sort for melee combat. It would suck for the Hydralisks to get splashed by Xenomorph’s acid blood, but they can still probably kill a Xenomorph in melee combat despite that damage.

To be blunt, that might be more for gameplay reasons than actual lore. I don’t think a single round would actually be able to penetrate a Spartan’s shields.

The only time I’ve seen a Spartan taken out by a single headshot in canon was Noble 2 (Catherine) in Halo Reach, but that was directly after a blast that probably disabled the shields for the entire team.

2 Likes

@HappySack
Lol, wait one sec, how does a Ghost landing a headshot on a Spartan equate to a Predator falling off a cliff? These guys all seem like highly trained warriors. I doubt one of them is just gonna be clumsy enough to not pay attention to where they are going in a situation like that.

@TerranicII
Thanks for the response. I think that every point you made was a good one, but there’s one thing about the Spartan and Ghost matchup I think you forgot.

The Ghost has the ability to read minds due to it’s psychic powers. Would you not think that this would significantly shift the chances to be on level with the Spartan’s?

I suspect that it wouldn’t.

Spartans are way ahead in terms of physical abilities, with energy shields and armor on top of that. The physical enhancements alone that Spartans undergo are insane.

Just to focus on reflexes alone for a second:

• Spartans have their nerves augmented or replaced to significantly increase their reflexes.
  • Mjolnir armor connect directly to the Spartan’s nervous systems, and it typically receives nervous system commands before they even reach the targeted part of the body. That is to say, that the power armor Spartans wear starts moving before their limbs do. An armored Spartan can react almost as fast as they can think.

Even if a Ghost could read a Spartan’s mind, and not all Ghosts will be able to because of the variance in psychic powers between them, they might not actually have enough time to react to a Spartan’s movements. The Ghost wouldn’t stand a chance even when they know what the Spartan is planning to do.

Considering the Spartan is also faster, stronger, and can take more hits, there is little to no contest in a normal battle. Your average Spartan 3 will mop the floor with the average Ghost.

There are only three ways that I can see a Ghost beating a Spartan:

• The Ghost has enough psionic power to “stun” the Spartan until he/she can finish it off; however, this would be very unlikely. Spartans, with their augmentations, are likely more resistant to such attacks than regular soldiers, and most Ghosts don’t have that kind of ability.
  • Scoring the “first hit” with some overpowered weapon with enough firepower to break through the Spartan’s shields and armor with a single blast. The Ghost has to be lucky enough to get off the first shot, without the Spartan reacting to it. I don’t think the Ghost’s standard Sniper rifle or any of their other equipment can do this. Spartans are basically walking tanks, so the Ghost would need something like a Spartan laser.
  • Some special equipment that locks down the Spartan’s armor, allowing the Ghost to attack with impunity while the Spartan is immobile.

Note that all three methods involve preventing the Spartan from reacting, and two of the three methods involve stunning the Spartan long enough to kill it despite the armor and shields.

1 Like

I see. Thanks for the explanation. It was a fun read. I didn’t know all that extra stuff about the Spartans’ nerves or the Ghosts’ psychic variance either. I enjoy hearing about that.

Just one last question though(you don’t have to answer this if you don’t want to). Did you find this out by reading the official content or did you look it up on wikipedia(I want to try to see if try and find more for myself)?

1 Like

Some of it is from memory. I watch a lot of youtube videos involving Halo lore. The best source is probably the channel Installation00–the channel goes into extreme detail on most things. There are at least a few videos on that channel breaking down Spartan augmentation. I think Halo Legends (compilation of various halo videos available on DVD) also goes into detail on some of the augmentations.

1 Like