SC1 won't log in (6:9 error) but I just played a weekend ago

Unfortuately, a 6:9 error isn’t so nice. =(

So this was strange: I was enjoying playing online for maybe a week, week and a half, but then after last weekend, I get an Error 6:9 telling me to check my internet connection. My internet is working, though.

The sad thing is when I went to post this, the B-Net forums gave me links to Error 6:9 issues since 2019, and none of them have a solution. I don’t know what happened after last weekend, but I can no longer play online and I was just meeting some new people and looking forward to making more games.

Try this Launcher says “Launching” but game never launches - Technical Support - Starcraft Forums (blizzard.com).

and check your Firewall, Anti-virus software & OneDrive.

Firewall I’ve checked, but how does OneDrive figure into this?

Blizzard games use Documents folder. Therefore, exclude Documents folder from OneDrive backup management. If you’re not using OneDrive, you can set the app to disabled. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/turn-off-disable-or-uninstall-onedrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0

So since I don’t use OneDrive (but it has backed things up in the past), I just removed it from the computer and restarted. Same 6:9 issue.

On my firewall settings, SC is allowed on all networks.

hm… check your SC:R version (latest: 1.23.10.11504). There was a build update recently.
If Bnet app is running everyday, try logging out and launching again.

Version is the latest. I’ve logged off, back on, logged off, restarted, logged back in, still 6:9 =(

AGGHHH!! Is anyone on Blizz still monitoring the forum and might know what to do? :-X

Simply ininstalling OneDrive won’t have any effect because it leaves the altered file structure behind.

As Kodorieg mentioned, at the very leaset the Documents folder has to be unsynced in OneDrive to restore the default file structure.

After that, you can fully uninstall it if you want.

But if you are getting an connectivity error, that points more toward networking than OneDrive.

Gonna find out how to unsync and then let you all know what happens.

Here’s an article on how to choose specific folders.

Something else to try.
Close SCR. Inside your Documents folder, delete (or rename) the Starcraft folder. Then relaunch SCR so that it can build a fresh copy of its settings data.

EDIT:

Okay, so:

Didn’t work. I unlinked documents and restarted my computer and nothing. I also tried renaming the Starcraft folder. Nothing there.

However, when I use a hotspot as a connection, it does work. Which I don’t get because we haven’t changed anything with our internet. And I think that would be way too much data for my phone. But I can get into multiplayer with the phone, so… still not really sure WHY it’s an issue.

Yeah. The error you’ve been getting points to a connection issue, so the Onedrive suggestion made earlier was likely more of a doublecheck.

Your best course of action would be to contact support directly. You can start that process here:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/starcraft/1209/1232/solution

Explain everything youve done so far to help speed things up a bit. Be sure that you successfully submit the ticket (where you get a ticket number).

Hello, all! Just came back from a long vacation so I apologize for not updating you guys who have helped me. My connection WORKS again as of today, so I wanted to post what happened in case someone else has the same issue and stumbles upon this in an internet search.

First, it WAS a connection issue. There was another issue I was having concurrent to this where some sites which were legitimate sites gave me an error message that it couldn’t establish a secure connection. Yet in other buildings or a hot spot, just like with the game, I could connect normally.

The solution? Unplugging and replugging my modem and router. -_-

Yes, it was that simple. I feel kind of bad some of you spent that time helping me for such a simple solution, but it was such a peculiar problem that the game itself wasn’t working online that I didn’t even think it might be a connection issue until I had problems on other sites.

I appreciate the help and hope this thread solves someone else’s issue.

EDIT: One more thing – part of why I had to restart my modem/router is because it was going bad, so replacing your modem/router, especially if your internet provider offers free placement, may also help!

2 Likes