SC Remastered crashes simply by clicking the left mouse

Loads correctly until I start clicking with left mouse button. Screen flickers as I click. Can sometimes start a mission but if I increase clicking, it ends up hard crashing. No error message or nothing. In windowed mode, it constantly flicks not responding as the screen flickers. Starcraft 2 works perfectly with no issue. Running a GTX 1070 Ti video card. Have tried restarting, reinstalling etc. An old disc-less version I have works fine too.

Hey Devestator,

Sounds like there could be some other software conflicting with the Starcraft game client which is causing the lockups which clicking.

Try disabling any overlays in case you have any running. Sometimes overlays can cause this type of issue. If you find something specific that is causing it definitely make sure to try reinstalling it if possible or update the overlay to the latest version. I’d also recommend to make sure that Windows and the graphics drivers are updated.

Lastly, you could try restarting using Selective Startup which should help narrow down if there’s a different background program that might be causing a conflict with the game. Steps on that below.

1. Press Windows Key+R.
  2. Type msconfig and press Enter.
  3. Select Selective startup and uncheck Load startup items.
  4. Select the Services tab.
  5. Check Hide all Microsoft services.
    *Note: Skipping this step may prevent your computer from rebooting correctly.
  6. Click Disable all.
  7. Click Apply then click OK.
  8. Click Restart.