SC remastered crashes at startup new Mac BigSur M1

Well it took them a month to acknowledge the problem in the first place without giving people the runaround via support tickets, so I wouldn’t hold my breath. Very disappointed in Blizz support attitudes. Flat-out closed the ticket because I had it on an external SSD and made me open another once I moved the game. How’s that for customer service? :smiley:

1 Like

Experiencing the same issue on my Mac M1. SC:R crashes upon startup. Any new information on this?

2 Likes

+1 I have MacBook Air M1 with BigSur 11.1 - same issue as others - crashes on startup. Will create a ticket to Blizzard. Hope it would speed things up.

2 Likes

yeah same here I try to launch the game today both Starcraft remastered and Starcraft 2 I bought Starcraft with the cartooned and I’m sad I can’t play Starcraft games at all :frowning:

Mac mini M1 base model

2 Likes

just got the new mbair with m1, also experiencing crash during launching remastered

2 Likes

Starcraft 2 runs 60 FPS on my MacBook Air M1 on Native resolution and Medium settings with sync and antialiasing on. Pretty impressive
However, drops to 15 FPS if you change to High…

2 Likes

Just downloaded SC:R for my M1 and yes, just like those above me, experienced the same crash upon launching. Hope for this to resolve soon as I wasn’t aware of this problem with the new Macs.

3 Likes

Hi All,
I have received reply from Blizzard support. I guess we need to wait a bit. The fix is being worked on.

I’m afraid that current version of Starcarft: Remastered is not compatible with new Mac hardware (M1). We have reported it to our developers and expect this issue to be fixed in one of the upcoming updates. We apologize for any inconvenience while our developers work as quickly as possible to resolve the issue.

7 Likes

Is there update on this fix?

5 Likes

m1, also experiencing crash during launching SC: remastered

2 Likes

also experiencing crash during launching remastered. A
Any update?

2 Likes

I feel your pain all, same problem here - on Mac mini 2020

2 Likes

Same here, ironically I recently upgraded to an M1 Mac from a 10+ yo computer that could barely chug along running Brood War. Now I can’t run it at all :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah i bought this new Macbook Air M1 but i can’t play SC:R , they should give us more updates about how it is going.

4 Likes

I can’t play Starcraft Remastered :pensive: on my new M1

3 Likes

Hopefully not too much longer of a wait for an update to fix this…

2 Likes

Still nothing? This is disappointing… :frowning_face:

2 Likes

I have the same issue.
PLEASE, we need a fix.
Best to port SC:R to Arm for M1 chip
Or even fix it to work with emulation (Rosetta 2)

3 Likes

I am having the same issue on my M1 Mac mini. I hope that a fix is coming soon. Blizzard, your quick attention to this issue would be greatly appreciated.

5 Likes

Hello M1 users
I’m using High Sierra on imac i7
remastered also is crashing for me on start, but it freezes the whole mac system and i have nothing to do but press power button and restart.

Do you also have this issue or can you keep control of the system above remastered’s crash?

5 Likes