SC remastered crashes at startup new Mac BigSur M1

Another Monterey success story (M1 Mini)

1. I used Battle.Net to uninstall SC:R
  2. I uninstalled Battle.Net
  3. Restart computer
  4. I installed the Monterey beta
  5. Download and install Battle.Net
  6. I used Battle.Net to install Starcraft

I can launch the game, load the campaign, and access remastered & original & cartooned.

3 Likes

I just bought a new M1 chip iMac with Big Sur OS. How sad am I that I can’t play SC:Remastered. Please fix this!

1 Like

I have the same MacBook Pro M1 I also experience a crash as soon as I attempt to launch SC remastered.

Thanks for the tip about Monterey… worked on my M1 after installing Monterey beta. I didn’t even need to reinstall battle.net or SC:R, just updated the macOS and it now starts fine.

1 Like

Same story here. MacMini, MacOS, M1 chip. The game crashes. I’ll go do the refund.
Blizzard claim that the game works on Mac, and it doesn’t.

3 Likes

Same here - wish they warned me!

1 Like

Just bought the game yesterday and it’s giving me an error message and won’t launch.

Same thing here, keeps this live. I’ll eventually try Monterrey update.

Same Macbook, Same issue

M1 Mac mini had the same issue. I just installed the public beta of the new MacOS and the game finally launched

1 Like

indeed, it doesn’t work

HELLO! Where is the support on this it’s been like forever.

1 Like

Help! I just wanna play Starcraft on my new MacBook running BigSur 11.6. BigShi**y that I can’t play my favorite game!

Yep, we are very very sad about it :face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

Not working here as well MacBook Air M1, looks like the issue has been open for over a year please prioritize!

2 Likes

It’s working on Mac OS Monterey!!!

2 Likes

Guess what boys and girls??? IT WORKS ON MONTEREY LETSSS GOOOOOO #WOWTHATTOOKFOREVERANDADAY

2 Likes

Yeah it only took a whole calendar year and the fix came from Apple, not Blizzard. Way to go ActiBliz! You sure showed them!

1 Like

Hey all,

As others have already confirmed, this crash on M1 hardware has been fixed in macOS 12.0 (Monterey)

2 Likes