SC R - lagging problem

I played SC since 1999…
I dont have SC R - i only have oryginal SC game and i wanted to play it once again like an old times.
So I downloaded it from blizz ap and what suprised me at first is this 6gb instaler?!!!
I remeber when SC was about 800mg
so i download it and - game is LAGGING
HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE 20yo game is lagging on Windows 7 - 4gb ram intel graphipcs laptop ?!
this game should run smooth on a calculator
My SC2 is running better then this crap
i see FPS about 150 but its lagging even when im offline

is this mean i have to instal game from CD to play normaly?
Blizzard what have you done?!

1 Like

I think do you mean FPS Drop…not Lagging (Latency responsiveness)
Umm I played Remastered on an old Socket 478 P4 3.2GHZ, 3GB DDR RAM; ATI HD 4670 AGP.
Windows Vista Ultimate x32
And not FPS drops…

And yes… the crappy SC2 dont give a **** there :sweat_smile:

Depends where you live and depends what’s going on. 6gb is for graphics if you want to make it hd. There’s troubleshoot if you get a problem. Now, if you’re playing games there’s an option to increase units depending on the map like UMS where you can go over the limit which can lead to massive lag from the map. UMS maps are known to have many triggers that allow hoards of units spawning or just many triggers that cause lag from map not being use correctly. Bugs can appear.

The problem is the host game can decide pass limit or not regardless of the choice every player will be affected by that choice. So, chose UMS that your rig can handle. Also, there’s many players who’re over seas coming over on this server so that can be laggy at times.

pathetic… even single player missions are laggin… its like playing on extra high latency on 15kb/s cable in early 2000’
its impossible to micro
I downloaded pirated version from net and it runs normaly smooth AF
I dont know what blizzard done but im not gonna waste my harddrive space for this crap
im so disappointed. I expected more

Why because SCremastered free version is exactly the same as Starcraft remastered full version …
Only difference is that the deny you the full content, despite being on your computer… And no Starcraft remastered free version doesnt run on calculaters, it doesnt even run on many computers… All people with windows 7 and older cant normally play this game …
Why because of the Battlenet launcher that requires windows 10, 8 or whatever … So how the hell did you even install it ? And how could the other guy even install it on windows vista# ?

hi all, i started to had this problem too.
i thought it was some internet issue but i test with different connections an still lags.

i had 2 laptops and both started to lag equal even in single player playing custom games like bgh against pc. this started like 3 weeks ago or more but i cant play anymore. my laptops are a bit older, one Lenovo with Pentium D processor and the other an HP with corei7 2nd gen.

dont know whats going on because days before i could play normally bnet 4vs4 and now when i had like 20 probes on screen start to lags horrible. ill hope i can receive any advice to fix this.

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.