Return of the PTR

I’ve tested PTR a little as well and for me it seems menu speed is better. Otherwise I didn’t find any bugs or anything different from current non PTR version.

A quick question. Why is my campiagn progress not carried over to the PTR version of Starcraft? My campaign progress is still saved in the regular version that I have right now, but why is it not carried over to the PTR version? Is it because of how the PTR works? Am I missing something? Or is it something else? Everything else seems fine (although I didn’t play any games on it yet). Just found it curious.

The data is stored in separate folders so the different versions can’t affect each other. You can probably copy what you need from “C:\Users\{username}\Documents\Starcraft” to “C:\Users\{username}\Documents\Starcraft Public Test” to get access to it on the PTR.

1 Like

There seems to be a new bug, i still got my old custom hotkeys put on and they appear when i go into hotkey menu, but … for some reason even when the host has custom hotkeys enabled and you go into the game you have automaticly put the orginal/default hotkeys… I already tested if use maps settings and top vs bottom… for both the same happened… Strangely i played one game at the ladder ->new season / maps and ladder doesnt seem affect by it … Not sure if iam the only person … Maybe somebody can tell if there are other affected

Thanks for the feedback folks. So far we’ve heard no feedback that should prevent us from moving forward with this in the near future. In fact there has been a lot of positive feedback around this, which is great to hear.

For those who haven’t tried it out yet, I would strongly encourage jumping onto the PTR and making sure it works well for you.

5 Likes

Yeah and i was trying to find anything objective to mention as a flaw, which there is non, good bye CEFthread annoying welcome a new better stable version of Starcraft Broodwar UI !!! yey !!!.

The only i can kindly request if possible, can you better the “search and index” way you are using the maps and replays folder?, it seems that it needs to loads everytime you click on it?, i dont see the reason why really, also when you have a HUGE map folder it takes ages to load, i think you can improve this for sure.

That is entirely NOT a related thing with UI but it might be taken so by people, we are all used to it but we would love you if you could improve a bit on it as some of us have huge map folders and need ways to search for maps fast. Not a big deal just a suggestion.

Keep up with the good job !!!, please consider making a BWAPI/AI thing we can purchase like carbon starcraft… that way only people that really want it can get it and the other people that think paying vs AI is dumb wont… cheers. Please be honest about Team Match Making and keep our expectations to the ground at least, is it going to be a steroids version of custom games?, like 2v2 always been played on iccup?, just regular 2v2 ladder?, or is it going to be a whole new RANK 2v2 button implementation with friends matching and rank levels algorithms and such with norh vs south and east vs west maps, map veto and “searching for players…” kind of thing?, lets start there shall we?.

Most of you getting payed for doing literally nothing, hilarious

2 Likes

Lol, did you see my post?

"(MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015), Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB)

edit: I tested on windows 10 as well. 60 FPS cap both on HD and SD, whereas I get 100 FPS on HD with the live version."

OMG, this is the best change ever! I used to have terrible mouse lag when playing the game while duplicating the screen (for gaming nights with my brother where we watch each other play on the TV). With the new rendering this is now gone and the gameplay is much smoother when mirroring the game on my TV. So kudos for the great job. I will continue to play on the PTR and share my feedback.

Edit: Win 10, Ryzen 7 2700X, ATI Radeon R9 290

Error: 6:5
Looks like I won’t be able to play for now.

1 Like

When party MatchMaking? How is it possible that someone of 50 apm can play with someone of 300 apm. There is no balance in the group games, this is something that works well in starcraft 2 copy from it.

I agree, the overall experience is much smoother than the Off-PTR version. More importantly, it doesn’t have the weird graphic glitches that i had with the that one (like black horizontal lines running across the map and the minimap). However the HD graphics are somewhat blurry when i zoom in (Intel UHD 620), which was never a problem with my Intel HD 4000 laptop. Any idea why that might be the case?

As soon as I updated to patch 1.23.5 with High Sierra (Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB) Starcraft crashes on load every time. Can’t enter the game anymore.

4 Likes

What kind of backwards universe are we in where Starcraft 1 gets a DX11/12 backend before Starcraft 2 - the one that actually would benefit most from it.

LOL

yeah that’s funny as **** now that you mention it

Ya he instalado testrealm PTR y no puedo jugar realmente el ultimo parche relentiza el mouse y su reaccion, no se puede ni contra la computadora.

This patch Crashes in MacOX High Sierra since 1 of july!!!

7-10-2020 at 10:17 AM - PDT

@Vinci,

(I just Posted ALL of this in response to your IDENTICAL Post in 1.23.5 Notes Thread.)

What are your System Specs, SPECIFICALLY the Video Card?

IF you have a 3000/4000 Iris/Iris Pro Graphics Card, THIS is your issue. (See my Prior Posts.)

I’m ON High Sierra, 10.13.6 - (17G13035) AND my System WORKS, BECAUSE I have a Discrete GPU. (PNY NVIDIA GTX-970 4GB Card, on NVIDIA Web Driver 387.10.10.10.40.137.)

The Integrated Graphics of Apple Systems SEEMS to be the issue here.

TimeLord04

I have an AMD Radeon R9 M395 2048 MB and I can not start the game… rainbow wheel of death and never boots, please help