Return Cyan color. Nobody asked you to remove it

NOBODY asked you, Blizzard, to remove Cyan color. My favourite color.

8 Likes

Finally someone has spoken! With removal of that color they’re removing a part of EXTENDED COLORS which was a thing even before Remastered came out.

Why Blizzard you never listen to your players? Why you can’t make a decent patch without destroying or removing something?!!! No one, literally no one asked for this kind change! Now you can’t use so many colors on top of that you removed additional 2 colors! What’s now point of new colors if PLAYER can’t use his FAVORITE color? Either remove all of them or make a toggle ability - just like your playerbase asked the patch before .

6 Likes

Now there are 3 types of yellow, LOL. And two types of dark blue.

“Intellect - this stat is useless for you.” ©

1 Like

Actually, they were.

There are a number of forum threads where people were complaining about the new colours:

• https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/starcraft/t/latest-patch-colors-are-too-similar/814
  • https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/starcraft/t/same-colors-in-opposite-teams/761
  • https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/starcraft/t/patch-1-23-1-notes/640

… to illustrate just a few.
Some people were enjoying playing the new colours, but there was also a lot of backlash. Be careful when making generalisations, because saying “nobody” is simply not true.

I can agree that just getting rid of some colours completely probably wasn’t the best response, and that creating a setting (toggle) for the map host to choose whether to include the colours would have been a far better option.

3 Likes

Some people were enjoying playing the new colours, but there was also a lot of backlash. Be careful when making generalisations, because saying “nobody” is simply not true.

Nobody asked to remove Cyan specifically, 2x2 players were complaining about new colors yes, but I don’t remember anyone pointing out Cyan specifically. It was a beautiful color and I don’t believe it confused anyone.

I can agree that just getting rid of some colours completely probably wasn’t the best response, and that creating a setting (toggle) for the map host to choose whether to include the colours would have been a far better option.

That’s what I’m talking about: Blizz could please both sides but as always they choose different direction to alienate further their player base.

3 Likes

Sounds like their modus operandi! I’m getting to the point where I’ll just reinstall the game from my original CDs and just play single player… It was a really good game when it first came out!

1 Like

It looks like minerals and gas on the minimap. It’s silly, like black and grey blending into the map. These extended colors should never have been added outside of UMS.

1 Like

Terrible terrible damage to community. What Activi$ion doing is beyond awful: whatever it wants while customers suffer. Just roll back the patch lol, that’s the best solution and most worthwile thing you can do right now.

1 Like

BUMPerino! I’m still waiting a response why they suddenly thought removing Cyan was a good idea.

If some color looks confusing on minimap, you just change the minimap color (entirely separate file from actual colors), not just outright delete everything.

1 Like

when you pick a random colour, you may get cyan, dark aqua, black or grey LOL

wtf blizz?

Seems like Blizz doing everything to ruin this game. They really should revert colors back before they break something.

And yeah, we want CYAN back. You encroached on the sacred EXTENDED COLORS scheme and destroying it! STOP!

cyan is still availabe if u get it with random. Nevertheless all the new colors really affect 2v2 gameplay. I cannot distinguish properly the colors and im forced to use shift tab to get yellow/red, but i see every enemy as red, so in the minimap u cannot know what player is there. Its really frustrating. Not to talk about black, that color isnt even fair, and u cannot ask every player to pick a color. Features likes this, supposedly to be for sheer aesthetics affects the game A LOT. This has to be addressed ASAP. At least give an option for 2v2 to have different default colors , like enemy is blue/red also… please blizzard ive played a lot 2v2’s and this is affecting my games a LOT, ive never had this issue on iccup. PLEASE.

2 Likes