Required to upgrade to new patch after i patched in download menu

when I join StarCraft broodwar main menu a screen comes up telling me I have to upgrade to 1.23.2. patch to play online when i already downloaded and loaded on my blizzard platform. the message comes up again when i try to go on battlenet. does anybody know how to fix this? i also clicked on my scan and repair broodwar under settings on my StarCraft broodwar downloader platform and it says no repair needed and patch is up to date.

5 Likes

I am having a similar problem as of 15:30 EST Nov 26 2019

Booting into StarCraft BroodWar I am presented with a screen that says:

An upgrade to version 1.23.2.6912 is available! It is required for online play.
Upgrade | Cancel

My BroodWar version in the bottom right of the window reports version:

Battle net launcher reports the same version as BroodWar. The upgrade button has no effect - I didn’t expect much as everything now inexplicably happens through the bnet launcher, but thought I would test it for completeness. Cancel → Multiplayer → Battle net → Upgrade is similarly useless.

Where do I download to version 1.23.2 ?

cant play says i need tp update ive clicked it 6 times already same problem still asking i need to update.

Any chance we can get an update or reply on this, Blizzard? Happening to me too.

Same here. Please resolve asap battle.net

Same here and I just bought the game. Brood War opens instead of Remastered. Can’t even do singleplayer :’(

1 Like

same here. solve the problem ASAP plz…

11-26-2019 at 2:28 PM - PST

Well, I’ve been hit by this, too. WAS on .6912, Launched Battle .net App - Auto-Updated to .6926… Upon Update to .6926, (clearly visible in Battle .net Launcher), I launch SC:R, get to the Menu Screen and am IMMEDIATELY hit up with “An Update .6912…” AND WON’T Log-in to the Battle .net Server.

.6926 MUST be rolled back to .6912 to resolve this, OR the Battle .net Servers need to be ‘clued in’ that .6926 IS the Current Update…

TimeLord04

Happened to me too i tried to delete the blizzard agent and re-download all the updates again and the same problem is happening

the same problem here

Same problem. It actually ended up letting me play 2 games after I reset my computer, but when I tried to play again it is requiring update.

Does your game closes too when you click update?

yes, my game close idk wtf is coming on

exact same thing too…I wish there’re gonna do something soon!

somebody here fix it?

Damn :confused: I just bought the game. I can’t access Remastered without being online, or is that a different problem? I just want single-player atm

@DrManhattan,

You CAN play Single Player… HOWEVER; IF you haven’t been Online to the B-Net Servers, (and you can’t get there at the moment), the HD Graphics WON’T be available to you, yet.

Once Blizzard fixes this .6912/.6926 issue, and we ALL can get Online again, THEN you will be able to see the HD Graphics in your Single Player Missions.

TimeLord04

1 Like

Oh I see that makes sense. So until I can get online once the update is fixed, I can’t enable HD Graphics. And does this happens to everybody? Well damn

Wait, WAIT. I just accessed the game through european servers and it works! It’s remastered now baby, yeehaw

1 Like