Remastered and creative liberties

Is there a reason that the Remastered graphics took so many creative liberties on so many units? There are so many units that have designs that look completely different than the originals. It’d be wonderful if a graphics pack existed that made the units look like HD versions of the original designs.

2 Likes

Other than faces nothing was really changed at all in my opinion. Some things have of course details that weren’t seen before (overlords always had ‘graspers’ up front and zerglings always had claws up top) (replace dot with . of course)

www(dot).ign(dot)com/videos/2017/08/15/starcraft-remastered-graphics-comparison-classic-vs-remastered

1 Like

Units like the hydralisk and marine look much different in terms of original design. The campaign selection that displays the marine, hydralisk, and zealot is a good comparison. Pressing f5 can show the difference in the newer designs vs the old ones.

The marine in SC:R is like a mix of the brood war design and the SC2 design. They look much more bulky than they did in the older CG cutscenes and the older models.

Firebats also have a deviant design; rather than being marines with flamethrowers, their design looks entirely different. These are a few examples of this.

The portraits are almost entirely deviations of the original designs. I didn’t really start on them since I figured it was general consensus that they were entirely different.

StarCraft 2 retcon. that pretty much sums it up. And they didn’t care when people asked for a more classic or retro style.

3 Likes