Real time lighting

Hey Bliz. After the recent update I’m able to turn RTL on all of a sudden. I have an old Radeon HD 6xxx (1gb VRAM, 4gb RAM) and it works like a charm. I also tested it on my old laptop with HD 5xxx (512mb) on board which ended up with black screen. Pls leave RTL option checkable because you really don’t know whether it works or not on certain configs. Thxoxoxo

2 Likes

yes blizz, enable the option, in my pc runs like a charm

1 Like

They disabled it again lol What’s the point? I don’t think ppl are dumb enough to uncheck it in case it doesn’t work for them.

The same for me. I even started replaying the campaign with it, and with the recent update it is gone again:( . It worked well on my laptop, despite it has less than 1GB of VRAM ! PLZ, SC Team, make that option checkable.

1 Like

Howdy!

As included in our System Requirements: Use of the real-time lighting feature in StarCraft: Remastered requires a graphics card with at least 2GB of dedicated VRAM, and at least 3GB of system RAM.

The bug allowed users who did not meet these requirements to use it which resulted in a large number of performance and multiple different types of display reports. It’s cool to see the feature may have worked well for some users without major problems but that alone would not be enough to change the requirements. This feature being locked is to help ensure the quality of the product for users that don’t meet the requirement that our developers designed it to be used in all cases. The world has a great deal if different hardware options and configurations so it’s not as simple to say well mine seemed to work.

It would be best to post this suggestion over in the General forums as the Technical support forums are for information gathering and troubleshootng only. Locking this thread but I hope my input helped provide some insight! Not saying it isn’t possible or never say never. Just a change like that may cause more problems than it helps as we quickly noticed when the bug was live.

Thank you!