Protoss Music disappointment

hey guys, as a huge music fan i loe Starcraft music, i know starcraft 1 was still made in the time where not all games had massive produced big budget music soundtracks (which i might like more. but i was heavily surprised how starcraft 2 still managed to have stayed original.
Terrans - cool mix of old elements + new ones love it
Zerg - yeah i love synths and very nice to blend the parts and also orchestral stuff etc. nicely blends

Protoss- ok im early in the campaign, but protoss had also orchestral elements butwere ERY synth like like jean michel jarre parts influenced and now the orchestration blasts my speakers so much i am really disappointed the orchestra got more driven forward than the synth parts. i dunno if any music geeks here agree, but well sadly i dont like the score so far

The protoss score is my favorite in the game, followed by the terran one. The zerg theme is my least favorite personally. I am not really a music geek so I donโ€™t know how well it is composed, but it seems to fit the mood of the protoss in the campaign. The orchestral pieces are driven forward because the protoss are kind of depicted as this crumbling, old fashioned empire. Perhaps it is these pieces that make the protoss score my favorite.

2 Likes

mmm Why orchester? Didnt they rrecord the music? Not sure what you talking aboutโ€ฆ
But they released a orchester interpretation of the music some days agos on youtubeโ€ฆ
And i really was pleasant surprised by the Protoss ones. Not sure of whihc you are talking thoughโ€ฆ The in Game Remastered or the new realesedโ€ฆ or the old Broodwar ones โ€ฆ
There also was an orchester a years or so agoโ€ฆ Not sure if those are the new rererealsed on tubeโ€ฆ
Here is the rererelease i found some days /weeks ago and i think it is fantastic
no idea what you talking about honestly on this one, if this is the one you are talking about โ€ฆ

here for the others two

If you are talking about SC2 you are on wrong forumโ€ฆ

3 Likes