[Poll] Worker counts in replays

Definitely a MUST HAVE, for reviewing / analysing replays. Should be toggleable though, because it’s NOT DESIRABLE for casting.

There should be some nice robost setting where you wouldn’t have to alt+w or whatever everytime you load a replay / get into obs mode. I think it should be there for for both obs/replay, because you might join a public obs game for analysing purposes, but as pointed out above, it has to be toggleable.

It’s a less precise evaluation of which player is ahead (which is good) and also having humans doing the job gives much more warm feelings than ovelay numbers.

Don’t you remember sc2 at launch didn’t even had a chat?

It’s the cumulative amount of tools that tells you in advance what is going to happen and who’s going to win.
We as the sc1 community want to dodge that slippery slope.

1 Like

“It’s very easy to add quality of life in games but almost impossible to take them away” - Blizzard devs talking of WoW flying mounts.

1 Like

if its just replays, you guys can show any data you want. thats just my opinion.

1 Like

Observer mode should have all the features of replay mode IMO. I know it was initially not done so to keep the excitement of not knowing what a player is building/teching during a live game, but in that case they could just as easily tick those boxes off and not display that information.

Yes I think that would be great. Even like The100YOU said some history or some stats would be very nice to have. I think it helps a lot just to analyse his own games.
I am not sure if it’s already possible to see how many resources you gathered or how many units you actually had.

I still like the idea to improve the replay section. Thanks for the work!

1 Like

So what’s the point?

they literally had that stuff in fish/iccup whatever, especially with widely used Wlauncher. If you see old Firebathero games, he had plug in during replay to count units/workers during replay

we have even less tools for replays for SCR because it removed all that.

You dont speak for s***

you also havent gotten note that this is only for replays, so you cant read either.

1 Like

… noob gtfo

1 Like

yes please…

This used to be a very practical tool with 1.16 launcher

2 Likes

Love watching KSL and listening to Tastosis and I couldn’t count how many times they’ve said “I Dunno” in response to “how many workers did he just get?”

3 Likes

LOL thats classic amigo.

Generally it’s a nobrainer to reimplement whatever we already had with launchers. That’s the time tested / community accepted standard (stuff that SC:R should have specced for launch, really).

3 Likes

Guys you have replays to learn the game. Let a show be a show.

1 Like

I wanna know why the pro scene doesnt use “production tab” in live games. Thats the real mind boggler here. I mean unit count is good and all but we all know this games all about possitioning and tech choices.

Would make alot more commentators 100% more precise when they say its speed zerglings or its well mostly just zerg stuff in general. The observer mode should be able to do alot of things the replay mode can.

Matt Sherman being Matt Sherman,

Asking questions we already know the answer to.

slow clap Well done sir.

1 Like