Player Colors are NOT sync'd

So I play SC Remastered on TvB mode. Every time i say lets attack RED my allies ask me what i’m talking about i say top right which is RED to me. They say thats brown to them. Why are the colors NOT syncd across the clients? its never had this issue before the new colors were added Red was RED to everyone.

edit:
I did a little more research on the subject this occurs when SC 32 bit clients and 64 bit clients are in the same game. the 32 bit clients will get a entire different color set for everyone on the board then the 64 clients will. Its a rather simple fix. I am not certain why it was not checked into because color coordination is very important when the game is being played on teams. usually its like something to the effect of help white …well if i see white as a enemy i can only take that as they want me to attack them…

2 Likes

In 1998 team of good developers made StarCraft. In 2020 bunch of newb “developers” destoryed it.

I actually like the graphic enhancements they did and everything. I am Thankful they did not destroy the game balance. Also, Picking up a project you did not code is generally a nightmare to say the least especially if the original coding team did not leave good comments in the project when they coded it.

The logic of it is simple have the host generate the color sets when the ‘start key’ is hit and sync the clients on both 32bit/64bit. Until 32 bit is retired why would something this simple not be kept in sync? It definitely effects game play not to mention replays you actually record the differences in colors too. I also envision a observer trying to make sense of allied chat in games where one game players were running a 32bit client(be looking really hard at his observer map like where is this ‘red’ that he keeps talking about when there is no red on the observers screen or anyone elses screen).

The most annoying issue in games are trying to figure out who system can not handle the game. These individuals will not come up a single time on the lag screen or have any lag in the lobby. When they leave the game though the game play sure does smooth out really fast.

Ah, i have same problem with colors. I see different color as other players see. I have complained in some posts but no body listen. Now i found some one has same problem to confirm that.
Thank to your research. So problem caused by 32 bit and 64 bit.

Thanks for the report. We’ve got a fix in testing now.

Do not forget to write some “unit” tests for it :slight_smile:

its pretty obvious lol… https:// imgur . com/a/sCeJXsq same game two pc allies one sc32 one sc64bit all in the same game at time of this ss.

I am just glad its finally getting a resolution. It gets really confusing in the middle of the game when allies start calling out colors that are not there to me and others.

i imagine lol
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc