Patch 1.23.8.9411 Notes

Actually destiny 2 was thriving under Activision…just sayin!

what happened to blizzard man

this game is just ready to blow up again

and they refuse to do anything bout it

1 Like

That is 100% true, more people are Watching SC now on Twitch than EVER, Artosis alone brought new blood. People are sick of SC2 in a general sense and the Last 2 ASL has been pulling at least 300% more viewers but on separated channels, there was a time where Bisu stream was the bigger, now a western ASL stream has more views.

This game just needs 5 things in my opinion.

1. A rethink of the RANK features, only having one account for RANK per season, or if you want to have multiple accounts (different names for anonymity) you will encounter people of your central MMR and not start at 1500. Also if you are playing a Smurf on the other side dont take points of people as if it was a new 1500 account !!! WTF WITH THAT That is honestly bringing people down, who is crazy enough to stay in RANK.

2. Make Team Match Making once and for all, and make it fun and flexible. Just grab how we already join Custom Game rooms but make it “official and more pretty” and let the people that own the free version to join, they just wont get ladder points. I know that implementing TMM means a LOT of work, patching and not everyone will be happy, they never are, but Blizzard must show that it cares and at least try, i doubt that a Billon dollar company cant afford investing in a better Rank server and TMM system that is overlay considered GOOD not just suficient. We needs it Blizzard please it was promised since before the launch both on marketing information online and Pete Stilwel mentioned it himself in an Interview, Also Grant Davis said he was working on it. We are kind of selfishly entitled to this, we as a community demand it and needs it.

3. We needs BWAPI Fork, allow people to play vs bots online and offline, bots created by the community and served in an official server/forum. It should be easy to use like “drop a bot in a folder” and run with specific race or map. This will make the value of having the free version greater, more people will Install it, the BWAPI and SC-AI community was strong 4 or 2 years ago but now is almost death, Blizzard dont let the best community asset to die. It used to be for people to study AI in college and Universities. Playing vs a bot can be fun for a while, but the real fun is playing vs real humans as bots are repetitive and dumb, a big percentage of people will purchase the game that started just practicing OFFLINE, people will want the better graphics eventually. RELEASE BWAPI ASAP,

4. Make a modification to the Team Melee game mode where it becomes more like Macro Micro where you manage one half of the game and the other player manages the other half. This mode is REVOLUTIONARY for SC, little people play it right now, but if done and advertised correctly and able to be played in any map casters will start making it popular and the game will feel NEW. Most of the lower rank players (People that work and only play once a week or month) can play a complete game, get to late game, FEEL the excitement of Starcraft. This is part of the future.

5. Boost the community. And i dont necessarily mean to bring KSL back tough that would be neet, no, i understand that it might not bring enough viewer on the table to be competitive with other game tournaments outhere. Boost the community by doing Map contest and map voting before the start of each season, in other words make at least ones of the maps on the new season vote based, and another a brand new map where people have to join this Forum or open a survey to vote upon, one brand new map coming from the SC community. The same applies when TMM is around, is all going to be Big Game Hunters, no right?, make the new team maps vote based. Boost this forums or the voting features inside the Btnet UI and make them useful. People are in this ladder for what it seems a year, we need to have an indication of when a season is being finished, and that would be the last 24 hrs or 48 hrs of voting making it clear “a new season is about to start”. There is a lot of ways to Boost the community, for instance, why Blizzard does not allow a click version of the game, where you can send a link to someone and they will install a stand-alone version of BW, just the map, game specific access, no account needed, just a link people can open to get into specific game rooms, things like that need to be done.

5 Likes

A few maps and thats it ?

1 Like

You are absolutely correct The100YOU, particularly about team games.

I hate to complain here, but honestly, it’s ridiculous that were 3/4 of the way through 2021 and there is no 2v2/3v3/4v4 matchmaking. It’s clear that blizzard doesn’t care about brood war despite it being the game that propelled the entire company forward exponentially.

On behalf of everyone on battle.net, blizzard, let me explain to you that -

1. Nobody cares about new portraits that you keep creating every new season. This is seriously not something that anyone wakes up in the morning and says: “Damn, I really hope they introduce a cool looking S ranked portrait!”
  2. Most people don’t care about the cartoon version of brood war or other flashy gimmicks. They just want to play ladder team games.
  3. The 2v2 community in particular is actually quite large and a team game ladder would be a huge success if introduced. In fact, I bet the whole BW community would grow even larger if team games existed.

We all just want you to start focusing on what the players actually want. If the job is too much for your small team, then plead with management that you need more assistance in order to take on this project. Please stop ignoring the community and make this happen.

You’ll have to forgive my frustration, but at some point it’s hard not to feel the urge to speak up when you’ve waited 3+ years for something that should have been part of the game from the start.

3 Likes

2v2 ladder yes please. Is anyone still working on this? Will this ever happen?

I know one thing. Do not google the word Polypoid!

fix this game to play on mac m1 pleaseeeeeeeeeee

This is really the truth, with how the D2 remaster looks, hopefully it’s a smash hit so that they can toss starcraft development over to them.

This update was pushed in March, 2021; I’d say it’s 100% dead.

Looks like current Mac hardware (M1) is still not supported… boooo