Patch 1.23.5 Notes

What happened to LAN play? I was playing multiplayer over the LAN not too long ago, and now suddenly the only option for Multiplayer is Battle.net? Why?

EDIT: Solution found.
After trying a few more times, I figured out I had to reinstall Bonjour. The option for LAN literally wasn’t even visible and I had no idea why. Leaving this post up in case someone else has the same problem.

New update makes my game lag even worst than it did before. Please roll back the last two updates!!!

1 Like

Tal parece que blizzard nos está obligando a actualizar nuestro sistema operativo en Mac IOs. Starcraft es solo un juego, mi macbook esta limitada al IOs high sierra y no me permite instalar un IOs mas actualizado, entonces, ¿para poder seguir jugando SC tengo que comprarme un equipo mas nuevo? Que tontería la verdad, deberían de quitar este tipo de limitaciones.
¿Que hacemos los que hemos comprado productos Blizzard y no los podemos utilizar por no tener un equipo mas nuevo?

Hey blizzard support,
With this new update I have just 20fps, in online and offline games, that’s when I sit on my base. When I put the view in an unexplored black square on the map, it raises to just 40 fps… That’s ridiculous. I use an intel card 4000 in a mackbook pro.
Before the patch I never have any issue with the fps, nor lag. So can u revert this nonsense of patch? it literally just screw things up for people that doesn’t deserve it. Or refund our money, because we just cant play any more.
Please respond us,
ZarpaZaina.

I have 300 FPS. Must be the older computers having issues.

Greetings,

We have just released hotfix patch 1.23.5.8589 which addresses the following:

• Fixed a couple of crashes on startup (one specific to Macos)
  • Fixed a random crash (or crash after a certain time) in gameplay
  • Fixed crash entering gameplay
  • Added new versions of the Ranked Ladder maps: Reap the Storm and Eclipse

Known issues:

• Small number of users experiencing render performance issues.
  • Some users experiencing blank web UI panels, preventing access to options menu and Battlenet.
  • Some Macos users experiencing crash related to enabling the hardware cursor
  • Some users experiencing crash during authentication popup

We’re continuing to run down these remaining issues. We appreciate your patience and support.

6 Likes

My PC is 2017 and still having issues :frowning:

Can you please add replays save before patch 1.23.0 don’t play back correctly to the known issues? It’s been about a year since that issue started and it’s affecting most users, not just me. Nobody is responding to me about it and I really just want to be able to watch my replays again.

Y’all are complaining about something like while I’m complaining about the over-usage of acronyms, what the hell does PTR stand for? 'Cause I don’t speak Acronym, I speak English! Also, don’t expect people to understand what the hell y’all are talking about when all we see are acronyms and not words, using acronyms is lazy and it does a horrible job of communicating to people who speak English and not Acronym!

As for the patch, I’ve not played StarCraft Remastered since I finished it when COVID-19 hit in March, so I’ll check to see if my Acer Nitro 5 AMD-based Laptop PC is affected the same way as y’all, in the meantime, cut the acronym BS please!

1 Like

Can we roll back the patch until we’ve figured out why the game won’t start for so many people? The game still works for me but I have friends that I play with regularly who can’t get the game started since the July 1st patch. Roll back please until this has all been figured out. It affects more than just the people who can’t play.

4 Likes

I agree that less acronyms could help, but in case it helps at all, PTR is public test realm.

I honestly don’t know why they haven’t done that already. I feel like rolling back a patch until major recurring issues have been resolved is the safest option.

1 Like

Thanks for working on this. I updated my client to the latest patch and the game still crashes in similar fashion as before.

OSX High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G13035), Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

1 Like

They said “Small number of users with rendering issues”

So… just be patient…

3 Likes

7-8-2020 at 8:36 PM - PDT

@hardboiled, AND ALL MacOS Users,

In another part of the Forums, in MacOS Support, it’s been mentioned to check your Battle.net App Settings AND Uncheck/Disable “32-Bit”. Move to 64-Bit for SC:R. This has helped SOME Users.

There’s other people that STILL have issues since the Patch. I’m sure things will get worked out.

I’m on High Sierra 10.13.6 - (17G13035), on a Hackintosh - Profile of iMac-18,3.

System Specs:

i7 7700K @4.2GHz
32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400MHz RAM - (4x8GB Sticks)
Gigabyte GA-H270-HD3 MOBO
CoolerMaster Hyper212EVO
PNY NVIDIA GTX-970 4GB Card, (Mac Flashed), NVIDIA Web Driver 387.10.10.10.40.137
One Samsung 860 Pro SATA/VNAND 1TB SSD - MacOS, APFS
One Samsung 860 Pro SATA/VNAND 1TB SSD - Win 7 Pro x64
One Western Digital Black SATA 2TB Drive - (HFS+) - 1 Partition for Time Machine - 1TB and 1 Partition for Blizzard Games - 1TB

I HAVE Updated to the Latest Patch. I CAN Launch the Game, (64-Bit), and CAN check Options. ALL my Settings are still correct. I have NOT had a chance to actually Play a Single Player Game, yet. I will endeavor to get some game time in and report back any issues.

TimeLord04

I was wondering what you mean by “render performance issues”. The HD graphics look blurry when zoomed in on my Intel UHD 620 (Windows 10 Pro), though the game looked perfectly fine on my Intel HD 4000. I’ve been looking for the cause of this problem but i haven’t found anything on the internet. Is that what you would call a “rendering issue”? If so, i’d be very happy to see it resolved.

1 Like

Just wanted to state I still cannot start the game after downloading 1.23.5.8589. I am using Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra.

When I load into the game the music starts and the title screen appears. The game then freezes and the music stops. I can still move my mouse around but I need to restart my computer and can’t exit out of the game.

1 Like

It’d be in the programming. Something you wouldn’t be able to visually see.

1 Like

It’s a pity. The most recent patch has actually fixed a few graphical glitches that i previously had. I was thinking perhaps the upcoming patches could iron out the rest of the graphical problems like blurriness.

7-9-2020 at 9:37 AM - PDT

[Update:]

@All Mac Users,

My Hackintosh, (mentioned earlier), on High Sierra 10.13.6 - (17G13035) with PNY GTX-970 4GB Card on NVIDIA Web Driver 387.10.10.10.40.137 IS able to connect to Battle.net US West and DOES NOT crash.

I CAN also Play Single Player games. Killing Fields in Single Player is my Map of choice.

In my Hackintosh, I HAVE ALSO Disabled the onboard/integrated HD-630 GPU. So, my question is, CAN this be attributed to the Integrated Graphics???

TimeLord04