Patch 1.23.5 Notes

When will this be resolved? -_-

1 Like

“Added graphics driver detection that prompts the player when they need to be updated” Why, why, why and why??? Thanks for the lovely “Graphics driver out of date” message. Does that mean that Blizzard is dropping support for people with “old” graphics cards? - My GC drivers are in the latest versions which were released about 3 years ago.

2 Likes

lol thanks for shutting me out of sc remastered completely. If I wanted to play a high end graphics version of SC, I would just play SC2 but no . The reason why I love the old BW is because it functions on low end pc’s and i am more used to playing the game since it came out in 98’. Thanks. Even with the most recent graphic driver installed, the game doesn’t even launch. So what now? you guys just shutting out the low end pc users completely? or

5 Likes

Hi

I installed 1.23.5.8646 today and I am no longer able to play. I still could last week-end.

I’m on PC, IRIS Graphics 5100.

I get the popup saying I need to update my drivers but I’m already using the latest drivers available.

Please fix this.

Thanks

1 Like

Email Sent. Let me know if more is needed.

1 Like

Hey all,

A patch just rolled out to help with some of the HD driver issues. Give it another try and post results here or in this thread if you like.

I also want my money back! I paid for the game, for a 1998 old dead game which nobody was playing (it gained popularity due to lockdowns), my computer is not brand new but it was working perfectly fine (yes, the Remastered version). So, why destroy something that was working fine? Why would Blizzard care if we upgrade (or not) our computers? Isn’t that our business?
Now they won’t even answer, but were very happy when they took my money out! They won’t even let us play the 1998 SD game, I remember it even worked on Windows 95! They’re cheaters, scammers!!!

I actually kind of agree with this. When I bought the game (preordered) It didnt say anything about it not working after many years and having to update my computer after playing it. Not even being able to play on SD if HD was a problem for me makes this all the more sketchy. I can see why blizzard gets a bad rep from players.

the last 1.23.5.8668 patch sucks!!!
I was happy playing with out any problems!!! Why now I need a new graphic driver to play the old starcraft Brood war!! that don’t make sense!

3 Likes

tell me why a game from 98 needs to be patched still? some of us just want the old broodwar, no hd effects, first set of patches you guys sent ruined online play with lag, now you part cheeks even further and not let me play a 20 something year old game??? BOOOOOOOOOOO

5 Likes

MY Intel® HD Graphics driver is the latest, but starcraft tell me is old. It dosen´t run, please help.

hi, it show upgrade to 1.23.5.8668. but I cannot upgrade.
please show me the step to upgrade. I search the patch but no patch is downloadable.
pleas help. I want to play

dejen jugar … mi computadora es nueva…xq tantos parches…si asi como era antes esta muy bien, blizzar…

We’ve just released Hotfix Patch 1.23.5 which includes the following change:

• Increased soft support for older Intel drivers
5 Likes

keep up the good work devs.

1 Like

has there been any progress on hotfix we may get to fix the stale/old games on the lists? the amount of stale games on there now is in the dozens. There are so many, and they have been there for so long, that it actually take significant effort to find a real game.

also, there was always a timestamp on games (years and years ago), and that went away with remastered. Can/will that ever come back? even if it isn’t a timestamp of when the game was created (everyone has different timezones), maybe it can say how long that game has been listed for?

1 Like

Still no support for Mac. Game continues to crash since the 1.23.5 patch has been released. The computer will freeze and require a hard shut down. Please fix.

8-6-2020 at 11:11 AM - PDT

Depends on the Mac, I guess.

Still NO Issues on my Hackintosh, all working as it should.

Profile: iMac 18,3 - 5K Retina 27" - Mid 2017
High Sierra 10.13.6, (17G14019) w/ NVIDIA Web Driver 387.10.10.10.40.138

i7 7700K @ 4.2GHz
32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, (4x8GB Sticks), CL14 - 2400MHz RAM
Gigabyte GA-H270-HD3 MOBO
Samsung 860 Pro VNAND-SATA 1TB SSD - MacOS, APFS
Samsung 860 Pro VNAND-SATA 1TB SSD - Win 7 Pro x64, NVIDIA Driver 388.13 - (WHQL)
Western Digital Black SATA 2TB Drive - (HFS+) 1 Partition, 1TB for Time Machine; 1 Partition, 1TB for Blizzard Games

ASUS VE278 - 27" 1080p Monitor - HDMI to PNY NVIDIA GTX-970 4GB Card, Mac Flashed
[EDIT:] Integrated Intel HD-630 DISABLED in BIOS. - NO HEVC

Again, all working well here.

TimeLord04

I have reported here twice. Still completely unplayable on 2018 iMac running 10.13.6 High Sierra.

3.8 GHZ Intel Core i5
8 GB 2400 MHZ DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8192MB

I recently payed for remastered version and haven’t been able to play since purchasing, I honestly want my money back at this point.

Greetings,

We’ve just released a maintenance patch (1.23.5.8713) that includes a substantial in-game performance/FPS improvement for some older systems.

cheers,
Matt

3 Likes