Patch 1.23.5 Notes

07/27/2020 and still unable to launch SCR on Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 7 2700X eight-core processor (all updates), DELL Inspiron 5676. I’ve tried ALL of the suggested trouble shooting. Patiently waiting to be able to play. Pls address this. SCII plays but I like SCR better.

Stale games are back

I use a PC with an AMD Ryzen 7 processor and the game won’t launch. AMD has a bug report tool that I suggest everyone with an AMD processor utilizes. Hopefully if Blizzard can’t figure it out then maybe AMD can. Note: The game plays on my laptop which has an intel processor. Personally I can’t stand playing games on a laptop. The game just will not launch on my PC.

Update 7/29/2020

We’ve just released Hotfix Patch 1.23.5.8646 which addresses the following:

• Fixed a crash occurring while watching the cinematics on certain graphics cards.

• Added graphics driver detection that prompts the player when they need to be updated. Note** For the best SCR experience, we highly encourage all players to make sure they are running the latest graphics drivers. For additional information please visit: starcraft.com/drivers

• Fixed an issue with replays involving AI participants, however, replays from July 9th, 2019 - April 7th with AI participants, 2020 may not playback correctly.

Hi, After patch, my SC: BW Remastered crashes after 5 minutes, or if i join a game. The game exits with no error, and brings me back to desktop.

Do you need tech info on my device?

Yep, please send us an email at ramius.forum@blizzard.com.

How does that detection prompt work? Is there any particular command to run it?

1 Like

Forcing to update the graphics drivers is not a good feature.I updated mine following the steps on starcraft.com/drivers and I’m still getting the same error now though I’ve installed whatever was available on Intel … But now I can’t play at all or even open the game. I had no complaints with my experience on SCR but now with this mandatory update I do…

6 Likes

Same here. It says "The installed version of your graphics driver is old and will prevent Starcraft: Remastered from running properly…Visit starcraft.com/drivers for information on how to upgrade your graphics driver.”

I have been playing for the past few months without any issue. Playing the original version not remastered and it says that… What is wrong??

4 Likes

There is a thousands of players with the same problem. I think this stupids guys are trying to destroy this Game. I don’t understand blizzard anymore.

3 Likes

Pero que cagazo se mandaron gente de Blizzard, please fix the game or back to the lastest patch, common!

1 Like

Same here. I’ve been playing remastered without any problem until this patch. Please give us a solve.

3 Likes

no puedo jugar mi tarjeta de video es del 2012 y ya no le da soporte intel no puedo entrar puedo entrar pero sin driver de video al juego y sin driver no se puede jugar

2 Likes

los mismo me pasa para que sacan parches ? para mejorar o para empeorar ? el juego

que esta haciendo blizzard, i can’t play now, i have my rtx nvidia, the game doesn’t work now

1 Like

That feature of graphic detection is not letting me launch the game. “Graphics driver out of date” prompt.

I updated the BIOS. I checked for new drivers with the manufacturers, but it’s no longer offering support (yes, it’s too old, but I was playing yesterday no problem). In fact, the latest driver is offered by Microsoft, for compatibility with Windows 10, and I already had that one. There won’t be a new driver.

I already knew my laptop is old, duh! Just let me play!

1 Like

When will this be resolved? -_-

1 Like

“Added graphics driver detection that prompts the player when they need to be updated” Why, why, why and why??? Thanks for the lovely “Graphics driver out of date” message. Does that mean that Blizzard is dropping support for people with “old” graphics cards? - My GC drivers are in the latest versions which were released about 3 years ago.

2 Likes

lol thanks for shutting me out of sc remastered completely. If I wanted to play a high end graphics version of SC, I would just play SC2 but no . The reason why I love the old BW is because it functions on low end pc’s and i am more used to playing the game since it came out in 98’. Thanks. Even with the most recent graphic driver installed, the game doesn’t even launch. So what now? you guys just shutting out the low end pc users completely? or

5 Likes

Hi

I installed 1.23.5.8646 today and I am no longer able to play. I still could last week-end.

I’m on PC, IRIS Graphics 5100.

I get the popup saying I need to update my drivers but I’m already using the latest drivers available.

Please fix this.

Thanks

1 Like