Optical Flare bug?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post something like this.

I’m playing through the Brood War Terran campaign and whenever I use Optical Flare on a tank in siege mode, it seems to be able to shoot at my units even if they’re at a distance.

However, the tank is on higher ground, but if the Optical Flare worked, the sight for the tank ought to be 1, despite the higher ground.

Anyone else notice this?

If you have a replay file, it is better to report it to Blizz staff.

A blinded unit can regain its original range if another unit is spotting for it.

So for example, if another enemy unit is in visual range of you, a blinded tank will be able to fire on you normally.

2 Likes

wait a second, you can use flare to give a tank range vision under fog?, i assume it wont if its on upper ground, but will it do the same as a flying barracks or wraith?.

Nah, the guy just didnt notice the fact that even if you flash units with the ability the unit still has same range…
So even if you blind 2 lurkers on a ramp if there is an other unit let say ling, overlord or whatever they will still attack normally
… Just like Siege tanks that can shot much farther than they see … Same principe… If they get vision despite being blind from an other unit allied they still function normally…

1 Like

Most likely you just didnt undstand what the ability does … It just reduces vision range… Attack range still remains the same. Tanks normally also can shot much further than they see… In either case if an other unit/ scan or whatever give them vision they still shot normal…

2 Likes

Thank you for the responses everyone! I didn’t realize that another unit could spot for a blinded one, thanks again!