New Ladder Map Pool Update – August 30

I don’t think use ASL map are bad. Players can play a map in a custom room for a long time, but for players who like changes, the ladder is the only place to choose a new map

Finally, I think if you really only enjoy playing with old maps, it would be better to never update the ladder map pool instead of requesting to update it

1 Like

Thank you for the map pool update. lots of love!

Blizzard did this well! <3

1 Like

Bug Report : In profile, seasons history, the ordering of past seasons has a problem : ‘2019 Season 1’ is season 3, but it’s placed between season 6 and 7 in the list.

Very nice - I like how the competitive ladder mimics the highest competition - ASL.

If you want to play FS just host a custom game and play it like 3v3 fastest or python 2v2, the competitive ladder should be the top tier of join-in competition online. It’ll likely fill up faster than a ladder match (which isnt even guaranteed to play on FS)

4 Likes

Will the new map pool be released today? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

New maps and ladder are up right now

It was really nice to hop on the ladder today and be surprised by a new map pool. Thank you Cydra. You can’t please everyone. You’re doing great.

I’m still not seeing the new map pool in any folder in Starcraft/Maps/ladder

The map has been updated and changed, but why aren’t ladder portraits provided? Since there are no portrait rewards, I don’t enjoy playing the game. Please update again so I can get old season portraits again. Example) Tank, Archon, Lurker, etc.

I’d like to point out that everyone’s comments are being considered and some even implemented. It’s such a rare and different feeling than what the BW community is use to. I’ve seen a comment asking for a Butter and Sylphid replacement and a comment asking for familiar maps too like FS and Polypoid to stay. From what I can gather those comments were taken into consideration and adjustments were made after the new map pool release. The feeling remains the company doesn’t care about this community and considering it doesn’t make any money who could argue it. Just want to point out there is someone on the other end actually listening so show a little respect and stop expecting a perfect ladder just for you. The challenges set forth by the maps chosen are a critical part of the game.

Please… Apocalypse, Tempest is a map whose map balance is too tilted compared to Sylphid. Please remove them and add Silphid back. In this ASL map, the map balance itself has collapsed due to the strength of Terran (Protoss was eliminated early in the last few seasons due to the worst performance due to lack of basic skills, not due to the map’s balance). In this situation, this change is truly the worst change. In particular, adding Retro Tempest, Dark Origins, and Invaders Apocalypse together was the worst decision. If you have two spots allocated to a two-player map, you should leave out at least one Tempest or Apocalypse. This is a truly ridiculous map selection. What is this? Please select a map pool that is suitable for general users. This really doesn’t seem like a good choice. These are maps for professional gamers. These are maps that are unbalanced according to the games and knowledge of ordinary users.

1 Like

9 maps is too many maps. please 7 ladder maps.

1 Like

I started playing this game over 20 years ago in college. I stopped playing for over 15 years and restarted during Covid. I am a 1300 player. The ASL maps are awful for regular players. They were created to nerf whichever race on the pro level was winning. This map pool is so bad a lot of casual players are not playing this season. Everyone is smurfing 400-500 pts lower than their real score. Its a disgusting environment. You have to give people the option to play something familiar

time for new map pool, discussion and kick off : TODO: New Ladder Pool Update

It’s good to see some updates. However, for users like me, who can only play 3 to 10 games per week, it is extremely hard to keep up with the pace. We have to consider all the paths to send our troops and workers. With the updates, it is confusing and hard to get accustomed to with the amount of time. Also, I believe some of the maps are not verified to be balanced maps. Thank you for the updates, but please bear in mind that it is hard for part-time users like me are struggling…

2024 Season 1 (2024-02-05 ~ On going)

Apocalypse: Was already been in the map pool last ladder season, it is a evolved version of Ascension. Highgrounds around nat and 3rd being different and some other things.

Fighting Spirit: is the most well known map after Lost temple and Python, i guess not a problem ?

Retro: Is a evoultion and mix of Fighting Spirit and Polypoid, two maps that are already connected and somewhat similar, and than you add some Lemon ideas. Was already in the mix last Ladder season.

Vermeer SE: Vermeer with a bit of change, not sure which but not many. Vermeer is basicly an evolution of Polypoid with some ideas of others maps.
Was already in the ladder pool last season and before that…

Neo Dark Origin: A mix of Overwatch and Heartbreak Ridge and Circuit breaker, was already in the ladder pool last season.

*Radeon: A mix of Circuit breaker and Retro, New map.

*Blitz Y: A copy of Blitz, New map.

*Citadel: Mix of Tau cross and Tempest, and a bit of other map ideas, New Map.

*Troy SE: Troy with some changes, New Map.

So, 4 new maps.
You can ban 3 …

Radeon probablly the easiest of the new maps. Looks quite Standard

Citadel a bit harsh, but the gimmicks are quite visible.
Troy looks like the time waster map,
And Blitz Y looks raff like the Invader map, everyone knowns what will happen there…

So Invader will be this season Blitz Y, La campanella this seasons Troy SE, Tempest will be Citadel, and Radeon is just this season standard map.