Network issues / Online games

I play every other Blizz game with out issue.

Starcraft(Now free version, even though I’ve bought the game)

I have nothing but connection issues with games, I drop regularly.

I have gone through everything… Firewalls, AV, Drivers, Network Adapters. I can not seem to fix this issue. I normally play USWest and have a good ping when I test that, once again every other game/app I use works great, no issues. Ive re-installed, both the app and the game.
Most games that I see listed are red or yellow, nothing ever green.

Besides giving up I am hoping someone has some suggestions? Windows 11.

oh well i had the same thing, my internet was kinda limited or something, 1megabit max. not goes upper. check in task manager whats your internet if its limited too, if yes then pay

but it can almost not drop if you change region to Asia (inbattlenet not gateway in sc) and turn on VPN, then almost no drops at all

so when I host game I get the “Due to your network configuration, you connection to other players must be routed via proxy…”

any way to fix this?

easy, your region is 100% Americas change it to something else.
Note: you can go back instantly if you agree with dangerous bugs on it :stuck_out_tongue:


also, perhaps try these threads:

here is another outsourced link:
The best starcraft remastered networking guide - https://eliascarter.ca/2021/04/29/the-best-starcraft-remastered-port-forwarding-guide.html

That proxy message is quite useful. If you haven’t already, take a look over Blizzard’s connection troubleshooting guidance:

https://support.blizzard.com/en/help/article/146644

If you have already forwarded the ports and still receive this message, opening the ports has not established a direct connection. That points to something else in the network path, such as the router’s NAT behaviour, CG-NAT or another network restriction. The router manufacturer or ISP would need to confirm which one applies.

You should first reach out to your ISP to see if they are blocking these ports. If they are, they should be able to provide guidance on what you or they can do.