[NEED] in game option "set turn rate" command

Hi, I’m Scan from South Korea. I have many top foreign friends and we just met one friend on ladder.
Trutacz is from Europe, Poland and we were able to play on TR 16 HIGH for completely fine.(He had VPN on)
However, today we just played each other and he didn’t have VPN on. Every minute the game pass, we don’t know the exact reason for dropping TR much more lower.(TR 8 LOW)

So I came up with an idea that it would be nice to have a command like “/SET TR number”
Previously ICCup was using “/ally ID” and confirming with “/ok” command to prevent the error recording match history when your ally gets eliminated and you still win the game.

This would be great idea when we have this kind of command when the dynamic turn rate goes wild and uncomfortable to play with.

Thanks,
-Scan

10 Likes

Oh this would be interesting!

/Set TR20

Opponent gets message
TR20 Requested, please confirm.

/confirm

TR20 has been set.

And/Or add it to the networking screen by latency.

• By Psychic

Love it!

Blizz staff, something to really consider.

2 Likes

This should be implemented, is a great idea, sometimes is of my guess that Automatic Turn Rate might not be 100% accurate so this is a great idea.

1 Like

This should absolutely be done

Quoting tec27 from TL for truth:

"People setting extra high latency ingame because they think higher = better should be demonstration in itself that having a command to set the turn-rate is a terrible idea lol. Blizzard should never have released settable turn-rates at all; they can’t explain it to people and took like what, 2 years? to even confirm that 3rd parties were correct about what the equivalent turn-rate for L2 was (when we had prominent people like Artosis trying to claim it was equivalent to TR24). People were obviously going to want to play at TR24 always, given the option, and it just leads to Korea’s player-base being even more insular than they already were. Whereas TR12/L2 has latency requirements that are roughly okay for anyone in the world to play anyone else (outside of some problematic areas like Australia), TR24 is too strict for even parts of the same continent to play with each other reliably.

Dynamic turn-rates in itself is a fine idea, but why in the hell would you implement that and also leave the user-set Low, High, Extra High latency settings? What person in their right mind would want to play on a higher latency than necessary to maintain a stable connection?

The “real” fix for the problem mentioned in the OP is to implement a better dynamic turn rate system, and also build better network infrastructure so people don’t have to play on VPNs to get stable connections to each other. If you implement a dynamic turn rate system and people are still having to mess with the latency all the time, you’ve f>cked up. Blizzard needs to stop giving players the things they ask for directly and start thinking about the problems that cause players to ask for those things. That, or stop futzing around and let the community deal with it properly."

totally agreed the command would be perfect

And/ Or add it to the networking screen by latency.

1 Like