Mini map changes

I haven’t played the original Starcraft and it’s expansion since I was in High school and I just downloaded the free version recently and I was noticing something. When I hit [TAB] the minimap clears all images except unit images, or so I thought. Looking at it now it looks like there is some haze to the minimap even when I hit tab.

EDIT:
Was that always there? Did someone decide the minimap needs clouds in the decades since I played? I’d post an image but I don’t see an option to upload a picture.

Well first, yeah hitting Tab has always switched to unit display only (removing minimap terrain.) As per fog of war that’s just areas you’ve explored but don’t currently see, custom maps/games usually allow for full map vision, fog of war persists in unit display mode.

I don’t mean fog of war. I mean when playing as Protoss there are white streaks starting at the right of the minimap and diminishing as they go leftward. I used “black sheep wall” to really get a good look at it and if I could upload the screenshot I can show you.

Normally if you hit tab you just see a black minimap and other units, what are those white streaks in the Protoss missions?

If you want to post a link, paste the URL and use the “Preformatted text” on it. It’s the </> symbol in the toolbar.

For example

www.google.com

This is what I’m talking about

(https://i.postimg.cc/B6wKYSn6/SCScrn-Shot-072724-091855.png)

I don’t know if I posted the correct link, the site offers a bunch of them. But you will see white streaks in the minimap after I pressed tab. I used “black sheep wall” by the way.

Looks like when in SD mode, hiding the terrain allows the decorative background swooshes to show through to the foreground.

I loaded up an old pre remastered version of SC and the background didn’t show through to the foreground.

So my guess that it wasn’t intentional in Remastered.

I’m playing the free version not the remastered. Swooshes you say? I’m pretty sure the Terran’s and the Zerg don’t have those.

They may not be present in the other consoles. I only looked at the same mission as in the pic so it showed the Protoss console.

The swooshes are there in the pre remastered version I checked, so they seem to be intended. The only issue is in the SD mode of Remastered, they can be seen through the minimap when the terrain is turned off.