Maybe it's over now

What?! Like Asia girls…

deepstrasz - You quoting me made me realise that I really didn’t proofread my post!!

I actually contacted Blizzard because I had bought the original WarCraft I and II a couple of times due to mislaying the CDs… but I haven’t mislaid the last CDs I bought and was annoyed to find that they didn’t work on Windows 10 (WarCraft I was no surprise, but as you say, WarCraft II: Battlenet Edition worked on Windows 7). The response was that they couldn’t do anything, and I just had to suck it up and buy the games from GoG.

I didn’t like that response, so I found a way to get my CD installations to work through DOSBox. It’s this sort of treatment from Blizzard that makes me reluctant to give them any more of my money.

I “sucked it up” and got them from GOG and then immediately backed up those installations just so I wouldn’t have to go through any hassle now or later.

Thankfully GOG does not DRM anything it sells.

1 Like

Yes, that’s always a bonus!!
Maybe SC:R will end up on there! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Doubtful.

I don’t think Blizzard will ever patch offline mode into any of their online-only games if they’re about to take down the servers, either. I can’t think of a single company that did for their own games.

Just to be on the uber-safe side I went and made a backup of Patch 1.16.

1 Like

Yeah, I think if anything happens to Blizzard, people will just revert to patch 1.16. Everything worked fine, and I think I’m correct that as long as the version is the same, multiplayer will still work (not Battlenet though).

so you never played D1 or D2 20 years later?

They should just make starcraft remastered open source as well as the server software. That way people can make their own servers and clients. This would allow for more community stuff and allow for the memory of this game to live on forever and to be continously updated with out the need of the blizzard team. Lets be real. They are never going to give us what we want for this game. It is sad to see they have ruined starcraft 1 and apparently have given up complete hope on starcraft 2 completely. I will greatly miss the starcraft game.

If they do open source starcraft 1 and 2 at some point I could see a modding api made allowing for possibly very popular additions to the game or possibly even a community made starcraft 3.

But this is me hoping that blizzard actually listened to their fans of which we all know is never going to happen. So, for now, Rest In Peace starcraft :frowning_face: you will be greatly missed.

I have actually.

In fact D2 was my first Diablo game.

Well Diablo 2 is still being sold as a CD in stores, Diablo 1 got on GoG and Diablo 3 got with the eternal collection at leas on a module and updated offline version for the switch. But WoW is doomed if an internetcrash happens.

What you say…? “WoW is doomed if” an doomed? Doom? Remember for all life. California it’s not Texas!

I was referring more to Diablo 4, though the PC version of D3 still has always-on DRM.

What you wanna say it here for that DRM?

We got world editor guys. Only we as community can develop maps and mods.

Thanks for answer! Blizz boys!