Mapmaking Suggestion - Export Deathcounter Values to File

Hi Remastered team!

I found out about a really neat tool called SCDB Launcher, which is a 3rd party launcher used to open up SC:Remastered that enables some useful triggers to be run in maps.

I don’t really know how it works, but from the jist of it, I understand it allows you to have a map write deathcounter values to an encrypted file, thereby allowing map-makers to make maps which save/load information based on their username.

This allows people to, for example, make intricate RPG maps which save player’s progress, so when they re-host the map they start where they left off (i.e. you could make pseudo-MMORPGs).

Considering you made some EUDs compatible with Remastered, would it be possible to implement a feature like this natively into the game?

The link describing more about the launcher is on staredit, topic 17696.

EDIT: Apparently SCDB simply allows for more EUD triggers to be run. I understand there are quite a few that should not be allowed to run due to security reasons, so I’m not asking for all of the things that this program allows to be run to be made able to be run natively. I was just wondering if it’d be possible to have the save/load feature by writing to a file be made possible natively without having to use this third party launcher.

I think it’d allow for map-makers to make some really awesome things!