[Main Thread] Graphics Driver Too Old Error

Thank you really much, Uldrision and Blizzard Team! My Blizzard Battle.net has just updated that last problematic patch of StarCraft to version 1.23.5.8689, which solved the problem.

A message informing that “the installed version of your graphics driver is old and will prevent Starcraft: Remastered from running properly” pops up, when loading the game, however, upon closing it, the game run as smoothly as before this all.

Now, I can successfully start the game and keep on playing at least the good old SD version of the game. I’m so happy!

Please, don’t release an update like that of the end of july anymore preventing old hardware from loading the game as a whole. At least, the old hardware can handle and run the SD version of the game extremely well, as always.

Thank you all, once again, and best regards!

1 Like

The fix os working fine
Thanks

1 Like

thx a lot, the probleme is solved

Goodbye, Starcraft! Thanks for the past 22 years and sorry for not having a decent computer to play the game on.

I’m way to dumb to do that… I’m stuff with no StarCraft… Old graphics driver error!?.. Sad face…

When I tried to load the sc, it says that I need to update my laptop with the latest graphic card driver. However, my laptop manufacturer does not provide a newer driver anymore. Can I resolve the issue?

15 Likes

It happens exactly the same. Intel HD 3000 (1.6GB).
Before the update I had no problems

1 Like

Same here. The patch notes say the driver update monitor was intended. However, it prevents the playing of a game that was perfectly playable before. And, BTW, no new driver updates are available for my hardware.

1 Like

Yup. Worked about 8 hrs ago for me, now after the update, no good. I don’t want to update my driver because then I get the “unexpected error” bs.

2 Likes

It happenes to me the same

Blizzard did it again…

Common Blizzard’s Guys, back to the lastest patch or made a new one!!

1 Like

I managed to fix the problem by updating my graphics driver through HP instead of the intel site listed.

1 Like

fixed for intel hd 3000 ?

Hi to all. Im afraid Starcraft remastered isnt longer compatible with HD 3000

I visited Intel homepage and not found any driver for Intel HD 3000

But i found this driver compatible with 2nd and 4th gen intel video drivers . Please test if this driver works with Intel HD 3000

Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows [15.33]*

(just add the https)
://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29473/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-33-?product=80939

Hey all,

A patch just rolled out to help with some of the HD driver issues. Give it another try and post results in this thread if you like.

yes, it works with intel hd 3000, but the performance is bad

Surprises me that I can launch Hearthstone and Diablo III as well as SC2, but not the original 20 year old starcraft that doenst have the high end graphics.

I got the same problem… Haven’t played StarCraft in a week… I’m sad grouchy nerd these days… I have hp 7900 with GMA Intel integrated graphics from 1500bc …someone smart please solve me problems! :persevere:

Thanks, I’m try that.