Khaydarin Crystal bug

I was just playing the sc campaign and was in the 9th zerg level, Invasion of Aiur in cartoon mode when I encountered this bug:

I had just wiped all the toss bases and sent in my drone to retrieve the crystal. I did not have any defending to do for the 10 minutes so I just piled my guys around center and started a hatchery on the other side of the crystal. after the 10 minutes elapsed I had a notification warning me there was no room for the crystal to spawn.

Now I cannot complete the level without doing it all over and frankly that took so much time and effort ill sooner just uninstall this glitchy misadventure into nostalgia.

1 Like

Just use cheats if that’s how emotional you feel about it.

2 Likes

I just had this issue happen to me as well.

I had too many ground units stacked up near the beacon where the Khaydarin Crystal was supposed to spawn and I got an error message saying the crystal could not be placed.

I don’t know if it’s really fair to call this a bug. I think it’s more a limitation of the SC1 editor itself. Still, I hadn’t saved and was essentially soft-locked after this happened and had to play the mission over again in order to advance.

This was a little frustrating, but not the end of the world.

2 Likes