Keep Getting Randomly Booted From Ladder Games

In the middle of games, sometimes the game abruptly goes to a defeat screen as if I surrendered and the game goes down as a loss. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Same issue here. Reinstalled the game after not having played it for about 6 months, so not sure if it’s due to the patch.
Seems to happen at random, sometimes it’s 2 minutes into a game, other times its after 50 minutes.
Tried another reinstall to fix it, and ran the game in 32 bits but both didn’t fix the issue.

Edit: For me the issue happens in UMS.

Edit 2: Here’s a video of the issue Starcraft bug - YouTube

Edit 3: This happens every single game. The game is broken for me, absolutely unplayable. Can’t finish a single game.
Things I’ve tried to resolve it: Switch between 32-bit and 64-bit, reinstalled, ‘Scan and Repair’, turn on/off HD Graphics, Environment Effects and Real-Time Lighting.

Edit 4: Buying Starcraft Cartooned also did not fix the issue.

Edit 5: Tried reinstalling Windows 10 to a newer build (1903). No success…

I’m on Windows 10, i7 4770k @3.5GHz, RTX2070 8GB, 16GB 1333MHz ram

Could be a drop hack, someone using it on you? Try changing your IP and playing TvB games and see if you can complete one.

Potentially could be, but seems very unlikely to me. This happens to me basically every single game, with random people, in UMS.
I’ve never made any enemies in Starcraft, and I’ve been away from playing the game for over 6 months.

Just hoping an upcoming patch will magically fix this, as it seems there’s only a few people suffering from this issue, meaning it probably won’t be high up on the list of priorities for the devs to investigate this.

For now, I’ve stopped playing the game again cuz there’s no point playing it.

You could try playing on a free VPN like ProtonVPN and see if the problem stops

Tried this. Now instead of immediately going to the defeat screen, it says ‘Server connection has been lost’, shows the 45 second wait screen and then I get dropped.

Now I’m thinking this has something to do with my internet connection, although I’ve played the game with the exact same connection without any issues in the past. I don’t have any issues with other games either. I’m on a 150/150mbit fiberglass connection.

Not sure where to go from here, any help would be appreciated.

Seems my router was causing the issue. Plugging in the cable directly from my modem fixed it.

Cool, glad to see you figured it out